PDA

View Full Version : Free & low cost camps

David L
5th September 2008, 06:50 PM
For those who are interested there is a new web site under development utilising Google maps. Campers are being invited to add their favourite sites. :2tsup:
http://ozcamps.net/
I found it on the Caravanersforum

David

Wild Dingo
5th October 2008, 11:00 PM
Cheers for that David!! Brilliant thinking by someone :2tsup: Mind you old WA is a bit lacking eh :roll:

dennford
6th October 2008, 12:02 AM
Great idea,

But!

Well although I am far from selfish and have shared my secret spots with others, I doubt that I would be too willing to put them where all and sundry can find thier way to ruin what may be a good spot. Unfortunately there are a handfull among us who have little appreciation of our great country - they may never pass that way again so it matters little that a place may be ruined for future use.
I know that all this may sound negative, but I have spent much time camping and prospecting my beloved Pilbara only to see in recent years that many of my favourite spots are either in a mess or no longer accessible becauseof damage to stock and infrastructure. I have seen windmills wrecked because someone didn't know how to release the brake, drinking troughs poluted with detergent and tracks ripped to shreds by ignorant drivers. Is it any wonder that station proprieters no longer welcome people?

Yes there are a great many responsible campers out there but unfortunately the few idiots ruin it for the rest. I love to pick up a book or browse a website to learn of new places, tracks or campsites but if Ican do that, so can everyone or anyone. No matter what the subject I like nothing else than to share my knowledge But when one considers that knowledge may be misused then it's time for a rethink.Maybe selective sharing is the way - but how can you do that, I don't know?

Denn

walro
19th October 2008, 10:00 PM
:whs::meg::no: