PDA

View Full Version : Tallowood Chair from recycled timber

Claw Hama
5th September 2008, 08:20 PM
We now have this new Big Stuff forum which I asked Neil to fire up for some of the bigger projects we make. My original idea of big was anything bigger than a pen or a box but I figure anything bigger than a beer carton should do it.:U

I have started my first chair, fairly standard shape old school dinning/hall chair but will have a few twists to it that I am sure will evolve as I go. The first twist will be a couple of wheels. These I think will be made from a recycled industrial cotton real with the end hubs sliced off to make the wheels. The chair itself has been cut from a recycled Tallowood wall stud and a couple of short Tallowood T&G floor boards one of which still has some old magazine or newspaper stuck to it which I will try and save and leave on there decoupage style.

As usuall no photos it didn't happen so a couple to get things rolling. As you can see this project is only just kicking off.

fozz
5th September 2008, 08:56 PM
Havent made a chair since being an apprentice, looking forward to seeing how it comes along.

Ross.

rhancock
5th September 2008, 09:53 PM
Interesting project, but you're going to have to explain why its going to have wheels...

Harry72
5th September 2008, 10:23 PM
Coz its gunna be a wheely good chair:D

Claw Hama
5th September 2008, 10:27 PM
Just something out of left field, moving away from the usual and into the twilight zone (a little)
Much of what I make is very sedate so this may funk things up a bit.