PDA

View Full Version : Hi from SW OZ

PenmanWA
6th September 2008, 12:18 AM
Hey all im Brett from Bunbury WA

i have only been turning for a few months but am getting quite good at pens and just starting to do salt and pepper mills.

No idea what else to write rofl

Ad de Crom
6th September 2008, 01:47 AM
Hi Brett, welcome, glad to see another woodturner. You don't have to tell us more, but pictures is something we all like to see. :D

Ad:)

PenmanWA
6th September 2008, 01:52 AM
im getting some pics of the jarrah, tassie oak and some acrylic pens that i have made.
ill post them as soon as i can

Ed Reiss
7th September 2008, 12:04 AM
Hey all im Brett from Bunbury WA

i have only been turning for a few months but am getting quite good at pens and just starting to do salt and pepper mills.

No idea what else to write rofl

Hi Brett...and welcome!

Seeing as how your new to turning, did you invest in a heavy duty lathe or a smaller one to begin with?:?

Cheers,

Ed :D

3 toed sloth
7th September 2008, 08:45 AM
G'day.:)

PenmanWA
7th September 2008, 01:10 PM
[quote=Ed Reiss;802102]Hi Brett...and welcome!

Seeing as how your new to turning, did you invest in a heavy duty lathe or a smaller one to begin with?:?

Cheers,

Ed :D

Hi Ed

I bought a small Record lathe to start with cause i was only looking at spindle turning and doing some small legs.

I would like to upgrade at some point so i can do some bowls and bigger stuff like that but need to get a shed first.

For all those that want to look here is a couple of pens that i have made so far

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Handmade-Tasmanian-Oak-Pen_W0QQitemZ120302579476QQihZ002QQcategoryZ7281QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My mrs thought it would be good to see if i could sell a few.