PDA

View Full Version : Sierra

Les in Red Deer
10th September 2008, 08:17 AM
Gold Ballpoint with Bronze and Gold Acrylic for LV. Sanded down to 12,000 MM and polished with Brasso.
As always comments and or suggestion welcome.
Thanks for looking.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7364/goldsierratwistballpoinzm4.jpg

PenTurner
10th September 2008, 10:51 AM
Hello Les, that is a great looking pen, it has a mature depth to it. Amos:):2tsup:

gawdelpus
10th September 2008, 12:04 PM
Nice one as usual Les,I made the same thing yesterday,with a matching perfume spray in a dark green acrylic,wife took it to work today for show and tell hehe. I have a question though,why the brasso or any other polish after the sanding, as mine was sanded right down the range of micro meshes ,and looked pretty good to me,and if using brasso do you wet polish and let dry before buffing, I have to assume it is some sort of protective coating ?, I have only done a couple of acrylics so still learning the one I turned yesterday was a lot easier to turn and less brittle than the first one I tried a few weeks ago.

timberbits
10th September 2008, 01:54 PM
Hi Les

Nice looking pen. When I first had a glance at it, I thought that it was a burl and not an acrylic. You had be fooled for about 10 secs until I read that it was an acrylic.

Les in Red Deer
11th September 2008, 03:24 AM
Nice one as usual Les,I made the same thing yesterday,with a matching perfume spray in a dark green acrylic,wife took it to work today for show and tell hehe. I have a question though,why the brasso or any other polish after the sanding, as mine was sanded right down the range of micro meshes ,and looked pretty good to me,and if using brasso do you wet polish and let dry before buffing, I have to assume it is some sort of protective coating ?, I have only done a couple of acrylics so still learning the one I turned yesterday was a lot easier to turn and less brittle than the first one I tried a few weeks ago.

I find the Brasso helps "Pop" the shine.
I apply a small amount of liquid Brasso on a small piece of blue shop towel, and apply 2 applications with the lathe running. I let the lathe run until the Brasso become cloudy and then buff off with a piece of lambs wool.

Les

Toasty
11th September 2008, 08:21 AM
wife took it to work today for show and tell hehe
Thank bunny rabbits I don't have the only wife that does the show and tell thing!