PDA

View Full Version : Completed at Last

wheelinround
11th September 2008, 10:54 AM
Here it is finally with good weather that was needed to do the final spraying and my body that allowed me to finish it with much help from LOML 1st Grandsons rocking horse.

I couldn't locate my other WIP :roll:

Now have 2 more rockers to make thankfully a 12 month time limit both will be motor bikes 1 for 2nd grandson other to stay at our place so they can use them here.

Ray

Edit
Spoke to soon LOML did the tail this morning now thats a tails horse hair rope.

Waldo
11th September 2008, 10:58 AM
Should keep the little bloke happy and when he grows up he'll remember the r/horse that Grandad made him with fond memories. :2tsup:

Wongo
11th September 2008, 11:14 AM
Ray, it is a little beauty mate. You've done well.

The Bleeder
11th September 2008, 11:39 AM
Ray,

Kids love presents from their grand fathers. I know mine do.

Impressed and well done.

Steve

wheelinround
11th September 2008, 07:29 PM
Thank you for the comments especially the Master Horse maker Scott

How I'd love to make one even half as good as his.

I have added a photo above

Chipman
11th September 2008, 08:42 PM
Looks good wheel'n:2tsup:

Looks like a horse, rocks like a horse...kids absolutely love them.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

It may have taken a bit longer than you thought but the grandson won't mind

Good one Granddad!

Regards,

Chipman

(I am about to undercoat my second sit in rocking horse and then there is another one to go (dead line mid November and not yet started) This I week got side tracked into making a dolls bed and then there is the daughter wanting her gym room completed... never ends but I love it.

munruben
12th September 2008, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Ray, you have done an excellent job. Not forgetting some credit to Sue.
Looks really great mate.:2tsup: Look forward to seeing the motorbikes but what about the duck?:)

AUSSIE
12th September 2008, 02:11 PM
Hey guys.you are getting me in trouble with the minister for war and finance.My minister has been looking at the wwf since I put box in challenge.And she has found these rocking horses and a pirates chest as well to top it off.Well she said Gee they look nice.Maybe you could make ******** one for xmas.Now its ,you said you would.
How do I stop her from looking at the wwf..
Ray Looks good man. Even the tail.I have seen horses with their tail sticking up like that.Don't know why they do that for though.:roll:
Very nice
Ross

Pat
12th September 2008, 02:58 PM
Looking good Ray. So will the Jarrah be made into a bike or a Horse?:)

(You can tell Sue helped, that little bit of panache with the Horse's face, while his rear end has Ray's name all over it :q )

keju
12th September 2008, 03:02 PM
Can I be a kid at your house?
Wonderful to have grandparents, or any person really.... in a kids life who will make things llike that. Makes for great memories

Juvy

AUSSIE
12th September 2008, 03:20 PM
OH YEH .Pat reminded me when Jarrah was mentioned.The women in the post office yesterday told me that postage is going up monday.I had to pay 55 c for stamps to use next week.So maybe you better have a whip around for your Jarrah shipment.
Maybe sell the horse and take child to The pictures or something.:doh::doh::no:

jow104
12th September 2008, 06:43 PM
Good work and a bonus is when the GC's come round and start picking up your hammers and things. :D

WoodJunky
12th September 2008, 09:41 PM
:clap3: fantastic job wheel'n !! :clap3:

Your grandson will be the envy of all his friends

wheelinround
13th September 2008, 09:42 AM
Keju you wouldn't survive I'm a hard task master :D

Aussie Show horses have tails braided and stuck up like that :roll::; but they also do it to have a clear line of air to surface bomb drop.

Maybe I should turn up some Rocking Horse poo :U

Ty John & John & Wood Junky

Pat some of the Jarrah will be used for the 2 motor bike rockers the rest is going to the woodies club for special project.:2tsup:

Woodlee
13th September 2008, 09:43 AM
Great job Ray & Sue ,the little bloke will just love it .
Youll get a great deal of pleasure watching him play on it as well.

Kev.