PDA

View Full Version : Hobart Shore Fishing Locations

TJFive
11th September 2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Guys!

I am a new comer to these beautful waters around Hobart :D. In the not too far distant future (when I have available funds) I plan to buy a boat to cruise around all these little inlets and rivers to fish the days away. But for now, I must fish with my feet on the ground (or shore if you will). I need some help friends. Where are some good saltwater fishing locals around Hobart. I am not fussy on what to catch, as long as it is legal size and I can eat FRESH FISH for dinner. I will appreciate ANY TIPS guys, I really do need the help! Also, whats better bait OR soft lures. I am really stumbling around in the dark! Looking forward to ANY info chaps. Cheers :U

TJFive!

Shedhand
29th September 2008, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys!

I am a new comer to these beautful waters around Hobart :D. In the not too far distant future (when I have available funds) I plan to buy a boat to cruise around all these little inlets and rivers to fish the days away. But for now, I must fish with my feet on the ground (or shore if you will). I need some help friends. Where are some good saltwater fishing locals around Hobart. I am not fussy on what to catch, as long as it is legal size and I can eat FRESH FISH for dinner. I will appreciate ANY TIPS guys, I really do need the help! Also, whats better bait OR soft lures. I am really stumbling around in the dark! Looking forward to ANY info chaps. Cheers :U

TJFive!South arm jetty, Oppossum Bay jetty, Oppossum Bay (Salmon, flatty) beach, End of Tranmere (salmon, couta, etc), Clifton Beach, The Pigeon Hole, trout near the Lime Kilns (scallops for bait), under the goodwood (can't think of the name) bridge on the eastern shore. wobbler, softies, live bait (prawns, scallops, sand worms all ok. Stop and ask the locals you see fishing. I wouldn't eat anthing caught off Nutgrove Beach (Sandy Bay) Bellerive Beach (Eastern Shore) Kangaroo Bay (Bellerive) Cornelian Bay, Cadbury point or Howrah Beach. Bruny Island is great. Ask the locals. Huge Salmon down there.

TJFive
2nd October 2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks Champ, :2tsup:

I shall give these locations a go. Thanks for the tip about where NOT to eat fish from also. I do like the "catch and release" idea. But I do enjoy eating my freshly caught flatties! :p

Cheers

Any other, locations still much appreciated!! :U