PDA

View Full Version : Safety

tonecontrol
8th March 2000, 06:47 AM
Go back one page from this BB ans there is an excellent link containing important info
on dust hazards to woodies.
Why is the safety eqipment so overpriced..I
recently ordered a replacement visor for my Racal Dustmaster. I didn't check the price as I
had ordered one (same supplier) a year ago for $27. Imagine my surprise when goods were received with a credit deduction for $97.oo.
I contacted the supplier and was informed that Racal had been taken over by 3M and
prices had increased greatly. (The full unit will now ship for just under a grand.)
What is the justification....it surely cant be the cost of a few plastic bits, abattery unit and tiny motor. Is this a GST ploy? Does anyone believe the price will come down later.
PROTEST...if your'e dead all your fancy tools will be worth squat.
ENCOURAGE...a manufacturer of a reasonably priced alternative which I believe is in the pipeline
IMPROVISE...A tampon up each nostril may work....oh hang on aren't they attracting GST
as a luxury item.
I await your responses eagerly...we can make a change!!!

Cheers
Tony Jaggers

Ray
8th March 2000, 09:34 AM
Tony. Racal DM4 replacement Visor.
Retail cost at Beenatree Crafts $82.20 plus postage calculated at exact Aust Post Rates.
DM4 Current Retail price $635 plus Post.
Regards Ray

RFNK
10th March 2000, 11:30 PM
I just won't believe we're not being ripped off really badly on all of this sort of gear. Just look at all the other sorts of stuff that you can buy for $600 to $1000! Scanners, fridges ... you name it! The sooner some competitor kills off this greedy bunch the better.

Rick