PDA

View Full Version : Folded Paper Towel Dispenser

stevew
12th September 2008, 08:41 PM
I have bben using folded paper towels when applying polishes and stains to items on the lathe.
I am looking at making a wall mounted folded paper towel dispenser,preferably a wooden one.You know the type I mean ,you see them in washrooms etc,you pull one sheet out and the next one is poking out ready.Does anyone have any ideas or plans or links for me to get started ,looking for one that will hold approx two packets of folded towels.
Looking forward to hearing from someone with some tips or ideas.
Cheers.
Steve.
P.S. I could probably buy a plastic one ,but I would rather build a nice wooden one to use my grey matter.

Ad de Crom
12th September 2008, 09:30 PM
Steve I know what you mean, but I never saw a wooden one.
My advice take a study time to find out how a plastic holder is constructed, and make your own plan to make a wooden holder, a nice challenge.

Ad

Ed Reiss
12th September 2008, 09:47 PM
Hi Steve...

Why not just turn a cylinder form with a lid to fit around the paper towel dispenser?

Cheers,

Ed :D

Rum Pig
15th September 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Stevew

I can get access to a plastic one if you need some measurements.

But I do think that the main design consideration is that the paper fits nicely not to snug and not to lose. The paper as you may know comes folded ready to be used so only a small gap needed and bob should be your uncle.

robutacion
15th September 2008, 01:00 PM
I have bben using folded paper towels when applying polishes and stains to items on the lathe.
I am looking at making a wall mounted folded paper towel dispenser,preferably a wooden one.You know the type I mean ,you see them in washrooms etc,you pull one sheet out and the next one is poking out ready.Does anyone have any ideas or plans or links for me to get started ,looking for one that will hold approx two packets of folded towels.
Looking forward to hearing from someone with some tips or ideas.
Cheers.
Steve.
P.S. I could probably buy a plastic one ,but I would rather build a nice wooden one to use my grey matter.

Hi Stevew,
I haven't got one of those, nor I ever made one for the folded paper towels, but I made one a long time ago for the roll paper towels, which I use all the time. I know this is not what you want, but maybe and option if you so which!:D

Cheers
RBTCO