PDA

View Full Version : Lake Macquarie Woodies-Women's Classes

Corunetes
13th September 2008, 01:44 AM
Lake Macquarie Woodworking Club - www.lakewoodies.asn.au

Just a quick message to invite any women woodworkers in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie/Coalfields areas to contact me about a Women's Woodworking classes that the club is desperate to get going. At the moment we seem to be having trouble getting in touch with prospective pupils.

If you are interested in any form of woodworking (Scrollsawing, furniture, Toys, carving etc!) leave me a message here and I will be able to give you more details.
:C

JaD
14th October 2008, 10:11 PM
WOW....Wonderful web site,Peter.....

I think i'll come back at a better time.....When i've got a few hours to spare...Congrats

naz
15th December 2011, 03:37 PM
Hi there, I have never did wood working before but would be very interested in learning. I live in swansea nsw, and was wondering if there is anyone teaching in my area/ Newcastle area.
Thankyou looking forward to hearing from anyone with information.

wheelinround
15th December 2011, 06:49 PM
:2tsup: Peter thanks for the link to the site I don't know why but I seem to keep having to use google to look for it its changes so often.

This is a top effort :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: by a club inviting women in, shame some see woman as a no go area and go out of their way to keep them at bay.

Salty
9th March 2012, 09:26 PM
Hi there, I have never did wood working before but would be very interested in learning. I live in swansea nsw, and was wondering if there is anyone teaching in my area/ Newcastle area.
Thankyou looking forward to hearing from anyone with information.[/QUOTE]

Hi Naz, I am with Woodturners of the Hunter and we run workshops in woodturning, boxmaking and toymaking amongst other things. We encourage women to join our Club and have a number of women in both the woodturning and boxmaking classes. Check out our website at Woodturners of the Hunter: Woodturners of the Hunter (http://www.woodturners.org.au) and feel free to send me a pm if you need more info.
Cheers
Salty