PDA

View Full Version : Bouquets and Brickbats

Taffy
21st March 2004, 08:51 PM
I had an experience this weekend with a company in Brisbane that made my blood boil, for those that may use high grade ply wood for cabinets and use Mr Ply and Wood, Beware the Underwood branch in Brissy.
After checking the product I was requiring was available I later rang to confirm business hours on a friday, a scatty girl answered and said that this friday they would be closing early, I asked what time they would be closing, I can't say she replied!!, as this was only 2pm I said I would drive out straight away, half hour later I arrived, the scatty girl and the usual worker were sitting on a pile of chip board chatting, (there were office renos on at the time), yep the wood is in stock but the girl will have to do an invoice, I asked if the guy would cut the full sheet so I could fit it into my car, No mate couldn't cut it for you 2 DAYS wait for cutting. The saw was idle and the guy was the same. needless to say I told him to stick his wood. after spending around $1000 the last year at this place I was pretty cheesed off.
The next day I rang the Mr Ply at Geebung, still a half hour drive in the opposite direction.
The sevice was outstanding and friendly, the efficiency was beyond reproach, and best of all he was $20 cheaper than the Underwood Branch. by the time the invoice was printed a guy was waving me to reverse in and load the cut timber into my car.
So Brissy guys if you are to use Mr Ply go the extra mile and save yourselves both time and money.

Taffy (cooler now)

AlexS
22nd March 2004, 10:13 PM
Interesting. I've always had excellent service from their Hornsby branch and on the phone to their main office.

Taffy
23rd March 2004, 09:24 PM
Yep I can understand this, as I pointed out when I went to a different franchise of the same company the service was excellent.
Its not always the major company that is at fault, more likely the attitude of the local guys.

Taffy