PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Clock hinges

K>60
16th September 2008, 08:38 PM
Hi,
Has anyone tried to buy good quality brass hinges. I bought some for a grandfather clock I'm making but they are not too flash. They were called "minuet hinges". If anyone knows of some Australian retailers I'd be pleased to look them up
regards,
K>60

Hobbyhorse
17th September 2008, 06:43 AM
I got mine as a special order from Carbatec and they got them from CMI...Clock Movement Importers.. who have a web site with a good selection of clock brassware.

Rhys:)

GERRY666
17th September 2008, 07:41 AM
I was looking for some but had no luck in finding any.

Gerry

Hobbyhorse
17th September 2008, 11:25 AM
Another place to try might be Rockler in the USA. When I was trying to locate a 20mm wide lock for the door on my clock I Googled "grandfather clock door lock" and to my surprise found exactly what I wanted at Rockler. Unfortunately CMI did not have any in stock at the time.

Rhys:)

K>60
17th September 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I've been in touch with CMI in Brisbane and they have helped me out. It seems most of the brassware is now imported from India. As it was explained to me" They are getting better at quality control" That being so, I guess it's a bit of the luck of the draw.
Apparently most of their locks in brass are still imported from Spain which are of sound quality.
Thanks again, back to the clock.

regards,

K>60