PDA

View Full Version : Wood score

rsser
20th September 2008, 06:48 PM
ALL SPOKEN FOR

Actually it's now about 6 scores in as many weeks.

Must be fate telling me something or other.

Today's was a trailer load of Silky Oak recently felled. The outcome of a casual conversation with a slight acquaintance.

All sound with spekky quarter sawn figure. 12-14" across with the pith out.

In pic 1 underneath the lumps is also a piece of spalted blackwood and a piece of spruce from Grumpy John.

GJ and I just passed an afternoon in the shed, checking out his amazing ebay haul of P&N tools, and roughing out of bit of green euc with superb figure. Thanks GJ.

There's SO to spare, in bowl blank proportions. Don't quite know how many at this stage but I'll save some on a first come first served basis - for pick up from Reservoir, and a chance of some coming down to the turnfest. Email me direct at ern at reeders dot net and do let me know your pick up pref.).

(Note: I'll be o/s from Sept 25 to Oct 7 and out of email range).

Grumpy John
20th September 2008, 07:19 PM
GJ and I just passed an afternoon in the shed, checking out his amazing ebay haul of P&N tools, and roughing out of bit of green euc with superb figure. Thanks GJ.

The pleasure was all mine Ern

Cheers

gj

thumbsucker
21st September 2008, 09:35 PM
rsser if their is any left, I would put me hand up for some.

rsser
22nd September 2008, 03:57 PM
K, all the spares are spoken for.

4 folk by two lumps each.

Will keep them until the turnfest, no longer, so pick up beforehand (exc Sept 25 to Oct 7) or if I'm driving rather than riding down I'll bring them down to beyond-the-black-stump.