PDA

View Full Version : jarrah tv cabinet

The Big O
21st September 2008, 01:57 PM
I think it's been about a year since I made anything but we needed a cabinet for the bigscreen so this is it. Solid 19mm jarrah using a mix of new and old. It took an age to select the 40mm top pieces from Bunnies garbage rack. The inside of the doors have not been finished yet but will be finished as per the outside which is one thin coat of sanding sealer immediately wiped off, 2 coats of shellac rubbed in with green scouring pads, and 2 coats of U-Beaut wax, rubbed in the same way. I used an old 2 brush Hoover floor polisher with lambswool pads to buff it up. Handles are simply routed coves on rear edge of doors.
Next project is to replace the two bookshelves with shallower dvd cabinets. My wife is a dvd addict as you can see.

BobR
21st September 2008, 02:53 PM
Looks great. I am just about to start on an entertainment unit for my son, also from jarrah. That finish appears to have come up a treat. :2tsup:

Claw Hama
21st September 2008, 04:18 PM
Big O for sure, smart looking unit, you have to be happy with that one. Now you'l have time to sit down a watch one of those movies too.

Peter36
21st September 2008, 05:59 PM
Nice design Big O . I like the "tapered " look to the cabinet . :2tsup::2tsup:

Peter