PDA

View Full Version : Other woodworking forums

Toolin Around
22nd September 2008, 04:56 PM
Was wondering what are some of the other popular woodworking forums that people here visit. I know of Sawmill creek - what else is out there.

m2c1Iw
25th September 2008, 11:43 PM
Was wondering what are some of the other popular woodworking forums that people here visit. I know of Sawmill creek - what else is out there.

Guess nobody visits any other forums TA, no need I reckon:U

I go to Wooden Boat now and again Bob Smalser posts interesting topics.

Mike

Cliff Rogers
25th September 2008, 11:53 PM

There was a big list in the last VWA Newsletter (http://www.vwa.org.au/newsletter/Archive08/August%20Newsletter%202008.swf).

Starts on page 4.

Honorary Bloke
26th September 2008, 03:19 AM

I haven't replied as it seemed a bit of "bite the hand that feeds you" to me. :D:D

bsrlee
26th September 2008, 05:05 AM
I tried the 'Knots Landing' at Taunton/FWW, but after using this forum with the ability to preview the initial posting in a thread, I find all the others a P.I.T.A. to use - you end up opening several threads with interesting headings that are largely irrelevant, and probably missing at least as many that are what you are looking for but have boring or irrelevant headers.

There are many Bulletin Board software packages out there, but I can only conclude that either Neil has a custom setup or all the other BBS moderators have turned off the feature in their packages. I regularly look as some BBS's that are not woodworking related and we are really spoilt. :U:U:U

mat
2nd October 2008, 11:00 AM
Occasionally I look at
www.woodnet.net

Mark Hunt
9th March 2011, 07:46 AM
The Woodworkers Guide has a list of links to the most popular forums ( including this one). I like Lumberjocks, and Woodtalk Online.

Woodworkers Guide: Woodworking Forums (http://www.woodworkers-online.com/p/woodworking-forums.html)