PDA

View Full Version : B&B in Tassie

woodcutta
22nd September 2008, 08:06 PM
I havent been away with SWMBO since June, so thought a few days in tassie would be good.

Anyone that has travelled there got any favorite B&B's they have stayed in?

Regards
woodcutta

I_wanna_Shed
22nd September 2008, 09:52 PM
I havent been away with SWMBO since June, so thought a few days in tassie would be good.

Anyone that has travelled there got any favorite B&B's they have stayed in?

Regards
woodcutta

There's a favourite Hobart place the wife and I very highly recommend. Cottage On The Rocks (http://cottageontherocks.com.au/)

Stayed there for a week on our honeymoon. Have recommended it to 3 other people and all have absolutely loved it. You won't stay and closer to the edge of the Derwent that's for sure!

Its not a true B&B as such, breakie isn't served - but it is all self contained. About 10 minutes to the city (its on the opposite side of the Derwent to the city). Not sure when you are going, but you generally need to book well ahead.

If you are going to the West Coast (Strahan) let me know and I'll dig up the name of a fantastic self-contained place we stayed in there.

Have fun!
Nathan.

Cliff Rogers
22nd September 2008, 10:00 PM
I can't recommend any in particular but I can tell you to book ahead, we left it a bit late the day that we went around to Freycinet & had to stay at the lodge for $300 a night. :oo:

snowyskiesau
23rd September 2008, 12:16 AM
One B&B I can recommend is Matilda's of Ranelagh (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Matilda%27s+of+Ranelagh,+Tasmania,+Australia&jsv=129e&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.639182,74.619141&ie=UTF8&latlng=-43016366,147041074,17922735257123329748&ei=upnXSKzPIaSSjQPo4YSqBA&cd=1). I stayed there last year for a few days. It's an old country house and they only have 4 or 5 rooms available, all self contained.
It's change ownership since I stayed there so don't know if the service has changed. When I was last in the area (July), there were improvements being made.

It's near Huonville, about 35 Kms south of Hobart.

woodcutta
23rd September 2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the info, I will check them out and and see when they have rooms available.
Thanks for the tip Cliff!

woodcutta

Carry Pine
27th September 2008, 09:56 PM
The Old Bakery in Launceston is a hotel-type accommodation. Quite pleasant and only a stone's throw from the Fine Woodwork School.- worth a look there too.

Carry Pine

woodcutta
29th September 2008, 03:50 PM
The Old Bakery in Launceston is a hotel-type accommodation. Quite pleasant and only a stone's throw from the Fine Woodwork School.- worth a look there too.

Carry Pine

Thanks Carry