PDA

View Full Version : Show me your tree rings

Waldo
22nd September 2008, 10:34 PM
G'day,

I'm working up a series on design concepts for a client based around organisational diagrams.

One of my ideas is to use a shot of with tree rings as the creative idea behind one of the concepts.

I've found 2 shots I'm sort of happy with but not one hundred per cent.

The technical specs and they are a must are:

• either Camera RAW, CMYK or RGB, not greyscale;
• around 4057 x 4370 px / 300dpi is mandatory . 72dpi resized to 300dpi is not acceptable.

The client may or may not go with the idea, but I've been working with them now for 6 years and they're pretty accepting of whatever I pitch to them. If I use your shot and the client likes my concept then I'll pay you for the shot which I'll negotiate with you. If you've got a question regarding $ then PM me.

So if you're interested show us your tree rings. :2tsup:

I'm looking for clean shots, sharp focus with easily distinguishable rings.

joe greiner
23rd September 2008, 12:09 AM
Something like this? I photographed it to count the rings on a paper print. I might need to re-cut and/or re-photograph, for better quality and to meet your specifications. Probably Southern Yellow Pine, North Florida, about 32" diameter, approx. 75 years old. This was at the hinge cut by a professional arborist, and my largest chain saw is about 18", although a neighbour has a bigger one.

Joe <2008_08_14/100_0045.jpg

Waldo
23rd September 2008, 12:12 AM
G'day Joe,

Something like that. I'd need it to be shot from above with clearly defined rings. :2tsup:

joe greiner
23rd September 2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I figured you'd want a perpendicular view. The log has caught some mud from rain splash since then, but I might be able to wash it off. It's also been cut so it's light enough to flip (only about 400 lbs now). A fresh cut must await my neighbour's return from holiday. And/or, a pending chainsaw party from the WT club - not yet announced, but there are several more logs. Wish I'd taken the pic square on the first time. Oh well.

Joe