PDA

View Full Version : 1st clock

TTIT
25th September 2008, 11:17 PM
Go easy - this is my first clock - and first commission! Comments and critique welcome from the cloxperts :U. After reading some of the threads here I doubt my battery powered movement will get approval but who wants to wind a spring up everyday eh! :B Face is Cotton Poplar, the frame is Red Cedar and the 'times'??! are Australian Ebony. Made for a friend wanting a gift for a traveling companion as a birthday present and memento of their trip.
A 'how to' thread is in the Woodturning section here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=79809) explaining how I made the clock.

HazzaB
25th September 2008, 11:30 PM
Hey TTIT,

Well done, I really like your clock, You have both of my passions, Picture framing and Clocks, I will post a couple of mine soon, I have been a bit frightened when I have been looking at some of the Masterpieces the other forumites have built:oo:. Once again well done.:2tsup:

HazzaB

wheelinround
26th September 2008, 09:53 AM
Vern I like it design is very appealing

I have a nice piece of Bottle Brush I want to make into a Weather station & clock for son & DIL for Christmas your lay out is great idea. :2tsup: Something to work with

Hobbyhorse
26th September 2008, 11:26 AM
Great work....it is good to see original ideas!!

Rhys:)

tazchris
30th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Verrry nice.:2tsup: I made my first Logcase clock while I was working in Emerlad,Qld. So look out to what you can do.Cheers Chris:D

RicB
1st October 2008, 10:28 PM
Great clock design, my mother in law would love a clock like that with pikkies of the grand kids in place of the 4x4:2tsup:

TTIT
1st October 2008, 11:06 PM
Verrry nice.:2tsup: I made my first Logcase clock while I was working in Emerlad,Qld. So look out to what you can do.Cheers Chris:DNow there's a climate jump - Emerald to Tassie - - brrrrr - not this little junglebunny!!!:no:

Great clock design, my mother in law would love a clock like that with pikkies of the grand kids in place of the 4x4:2tsup:Grab yourself a lathe and go for it - brownie points with the MIL have gotta be worth chasin!:;

mongrell
2nd October 2008, 08:18 AM
hey vern what is cotton poplar , cq wood or the intruduced job ?and i see you got the wood burning machine goin again .good job all round tho well done

TTIT
2nd October 2008, 01:47 PM
hey vern what is cotton poplar , cq wood or the intruduced job ?and i see you got the wood burning machine goin again .good job all round tho well doneThe Cotton Poplar came from the Kempsey area in NSW where it was growing for match production (I think) - certainly not native enough for your needs Tom. I only kept one small slab from Dads collection but there was 6 slabs 400x60x5000 that went for about $20 at the auction - kicking myself now but just didn't have room :shrug:

woodypoody
3rd October 2008, 04:27 AM
well done, nice work.:2tsup:

Swifty
4th October 2008, 01:17 AM
Nice piece of work, TT. I'm pretty sure you could handle making a clock of just about any size or shape!

Rhys Cooper
9th October 2008, 06:09 PM
very nice

Shrek3
25th October 2008, 06:29 PM
Great idea, excellent work. Can I copy it?

TTIT
26th October 2008, 12:10 AM
Great idea, excellent work. Can I copy it?Go for it! Let's face it, if you didn't want it copied you wouldn't put it on the internet would you:;. The plan (rough as it is :B) is in the 'How to' thread linked in my 1st post. Drop me a note if you need any help with it.
Currently drawing up variations on the same theme - no end to the possibilities really - just limited time to make them actually happen :C