PDA

View Full Version : Public Thanks for Excellent Customer Service

Toasty
26th September 2008, 10:18 AM
As some of you are aware I have the week off next week for the sole intention of spending most of my time in the workshop (OK, it's a garage) doing woodturning. With this in mind I have been making various purchases of new equipment and upgrades. In every instance the response has been fast, friendly and efficient with the final piece of the puzzle arriving this morning.

Carroll's Woodworking Supplies (http://cws-store.yahoostore.com.au/index.html): Jim has always been great to deal with, is extremely patient and I've always appreciated his advice. I ordered some chisels from him on Wednesday and they arrived this morning, fantastic. I also spoke with him at length when he was in town for the Canberra Working With Wood show and greatly appreciate his time and advice.

Henry Bros Says Pty Ltd (02) 9627 5486: I had read in the bandsaw forums these guys were the place to go for bandsaw blades. They don't have a website but were reportedly to have excellent customer service, and I wasn't disappointed. I gave them a call, explained my 14" Jet with riser kit, they asked what I was mainly doing and made a couple of blade recommendations. Gave them my card details over the phone and a few days later a nice little swag of bandsaw blades were on my doorstep.

Gary Pye Woodturning (http://gpwoodturning.yahoostore.com.au/): I finally bit the bullet and decided to get some dust extraction. GPW had some great prices on Jet equipment and after a few emails and a couple of phone calls the order was placed. They didn't think they would get it out until the Monday but actually found time to get it all wrapped and on a pallet on the Friday so this week I was able to get my new gear. Now I just have to spend all of tomorrow setting it up!

and last but by no means least

Trend Timbers (http://www.trendtimbers.com.au/): Adrian at Trend Timbers has been great. As you may know from my DVR thread I am having some issues with my DVR3000. It needed to go back to Sydney to be investigated and I explained to Adrian my plans of having the week off specifically for playing with spinning wood. Straight away Adrian offered to send one of their teaching headstocks (another DVR3000) and it arrived the other week and has ensured my time off is going to be an enjoyable one.

A very pleasant thing to experience from the woodworking supply industry and I believe you can't praise excellent customer service enough.

wheelinround
26th September 2008, 10:41 AM
:U:2tsup: great Toasty nothing like great Customer service lets hope the Head stock is returned post haste.

Now we'll expect photo's of everything produced in the week even shavings stuff ups no rushing now

Ed Reiss
26th September 2008, 12:20 PM
Good deal Toasty...after the turmoil with the headstock, bet it feels good to have some positive things happening!:U

Cheers,

Ed :D

Sawdust Maker
26th September 2008, 01:38 PM
told ya Adrian at Trend was a good bloke :2tsup:
and I agree with the comments re Henry Bros - great to deal with
Jim's service is legendary and this just adds to it
Haven't dealt with GPW ... yet

enjoy the week off
Now I'm jealous - I don't have a week off :((