PDA

View Full Version : wall covering

dzcook
26th March 2004, 05:07 PM
haveing the "new ' old hse restumped then want to clad some interior walls would like to do plaster board ( for that new smooth look ) but have been told that house os to old and wall bearers arent straight enough to use plasterboard as would take heaps of packing etc to level then up , anyone have a opion on this ?

also any suggestions on what else i can use ?

most likely end up new fibro but hate the joint lines taht u end up with so any cover ups taht might work on that ?

are these texture paints /coverings that give a rough surface would they cover the joint lines ?

have just gone thru all the prevoius post s and has been interesting reading makes me wonder how the jobs are all fairing now

thks again to all
david

Barry_White
26th March 2004, 05:29 PM
Hi David

I think Gyprock would be more forgiving than fibro for the walls and if you are going to remove the existing wall coverings you would be able to cripple the studs to straighten them and nail a plate on each side to hold them in place.

It couldn't be much worse than some of the radiata that is being used in house frames today.

ozwinner
26th March 2004, 06:21 PM
Plaster board is the way to go.
No matter what you use you are going to have to straighten the walls to get a good look.
Pack one side buzz off the other.

Al

Tonyz
26th March 2004, 09:31 PM
When we bought this place some prize D___head had done rough remodelling on inside walls, to fix gaps and holes in ceiling he had covered the whole ceiling with "texture Coat" Roughly its plaster in liquid[?] form rolled on with the roughest texture roller you can find.
My repairs were either strip all the plasterboard off the ceiling and redo with NEW plasterboard or pack 19mm thick batterns and fix with new plasterb again.
Never would I touch the rough covering stuff again. Tonto:mad: