PDA

View Full Version : Aldi recipro saw + Festool blades

q9
26th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Well this review, at least on the part of the Festool blades, has been a while coming :p

About 2 years or so ago, I won one of the forum prizes of Festool demolition saw blades and jig saw blades from...Ideal Tools if I remember correctly.

Anyhow, after taking delivery recently of an Aldi (Taurus) saw (present from my parents), I finally got to use the Festool gear.

Took to demolishing my gates today, and needed to cut through 3X1.5 hardwood with steel hinges and assorted nails in it. Made mince meat out of the supplied saw blade, but that was probably due to the blade jamming as the wood moved and it was really a bit too short for the job at hand. Oops.

Fitted a Festool 10tpi metal cutting blade, and it made an easy job of it. Steel, wood, whatever. It just cut.

Quite impressed with the performance of both items, only disappointment with the saw is the rubber grip moved a bit, and needs a bit of glue to hold it in place. No big deal, and not much of a complaint for a $50 power tool.

I can see me getting a lot of use out of this saw, and if I do manage to kill it, I will definitely get a DeWalt or similar next time. Just so handy.

So the big :2tsup: for me on both items, especially the Festool blades.

Carry Pine
27th September 2008, 10:08 PM
q9,

Great review. Would you mind if I did a review on the Makita recipro saw? I don't want to take anything away from your work? I've been meaning to do one of these reviews for weeks.

Carry Pine

Honorary Bloke
27th September 2008, 10:19 PM
q9,

Great review. Would you mind if I did a review on the Makita recipro saw? I don't want to take anything away from your work? I've been meaning to do one of these reviews for weeks.

Carry Pine

Would you be kind enough to do that Carry? Doesn't have to be as detailed as this one.

q9
27th September 2008, 11:20 PM
By all means go for it! Be interested in reading it myself. :)

Carry Pine
2nd October 2008, 08:10 PM
By all means go for it! Be interested in reading it myself. :)

Done, thanks for the encouragement.

Graham