PDA

View Full Version : Another WBF migration - Two ?'s for Mik

arbordg
28th September 2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't remember if I'd linked to this or not, but it has two questions for Mik embedded in it somewhere.

1. Has there ever been a boat gathering which hosted/boasted more than 1 GIS? (if so, how many?)

2. Is the rig for the GIS designed with a bit of forward mast rake?

"http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85671"

"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you're seeing. But you have to SEE" -- Ernst Haas

Boatmik
3rd October 2008, 10:03 AM
Fixed it David.

No forward mast rake though it looks like it as the sheer goes up so much at the bow.

No boat gatherings of more than one boat.

(I hear david is trying to organise a three boat meet up with two solid GISs and one virtual one for one of the messabouts next season)

MIK

arbordg
3rd October 2008, 04:30 PM
Fixed it David.

No forward mast rake though it looks like it as the sheer goes up so much at the bow.

No boat gatherings of more than one boat.

(I hear david is trying to organise a three boat meet up with two solid GISs and one virtual one for one of the messabouts next season)

MIK

Mik,

Thanks. Yes, I'm trying to arrange for two, and possibly three, Goats to sail together at the Big Lagoon event next May. Would that be COOL or what?!?

Boatmik
3rd October 2008, 08:27 PM
Beyond cool.

MIK

outofthenorm
4th October 2008, 07:28 AM
and raise you a Beth. :cool: Where and when is will this epic gathering take place?

- Norm

Edited to add: I just saw on another thread that the messabout is in CA. Too far for me. Bummer.:( - N

Boatmik
4th October 2008, 09:25 AM
Howdy Norm,

When I saw your name on this thread I had some crazy thoughts too.

MIK