PDA

View Full Version : I've won a day'swoodturning!

Murphy
3rd October 2008, 06:50 PM
Went to a woodworking show at Panthers, Port Macquarie last week and my wife won a 1 Day woodturning course and gave it to me for my birthday. Woodturning? Could it change my life?

Murph

wheelinround
3rd October 2008, 06:56 PM
Luck of the Irish eh well done Murphy

Yes it could it can scare the bgee's out of you or much much worse you could become like many before engrossed/hooked star eyed

TTIT
3rd October 2008, 11:15 PM
............. Woodturning? Could it change my life?

MurphCould certainly change the bank balance!!! :;

Ed Reiss
4th October 2008, 12:22 AM
Woodturning? Could it change my life?

Would be shocked and surprised if it didn't!!!!:o

Ad de Crom
4th October 2008, 01:11 AM
Murphy, did you reed what Ed has to tell, I think he's right.
Ad

joe greiner
4th October 2008, 01:47 AM
Yes, Murphy, you're a goner now. But it'll be a good ride into the abyss.

Joe

Gil Jones
4th October 2008, 04:20 AM
Congrats, Murphy!!!
Yep, it may well change your life in a new and fun direction, and as TTIT said, it is quite able to change your balance sheet. Have fun, and be safe.

Ozartisan
12th November 2008, 05:36 PM
WELL!!! What a day!!
Murphy collected his winnings today and has a nice new Bloodwood handle for one of his ancient chisels to show for it! :2tsup:
Reckon he might be hooked tho.... and we still have his bowl to rescue & finish! :B
Seriously good student - would love to have guys like Murphy enjoying our workshops anytime.
Hey Vern - he loves your work! (Hoping people won't see your stuff in the gallery any longer this summer - we need to find it a new home! Been a slow winter!)
If any forumites are around this way this summer (Taree district), drop in for a cuppa & maybe treat yourself to a play on one of the DVRs. :rolleyes:
Should have taken a pic or 3 of Murphy making shavings, but we were having too much fun to stop & grab a camera! :doh:
OK... Who's next???