PDA

View Full Version : Procut style slab mill HELP

Ibanez
4th October 2008, 12:05 AM
Hi all this is my first post so please bear with me, I have been slabbing fallen timber in FNQ mainly Silky Oak ( the real stuff near Cairns) QLD Maple, Silkwood, and Black wattle, all from rainforest hit by cyclone Larry @ March 2006, now I am about to tuck into blackwattle, Cedar and Cadaghi all from rainforest near Cairns that was about to go the way of a Caterpillar D8 and a very big fire. I have been using a husky 395xp and a homemade alaskan style mill but now need something that hurts me a little less.

Has anyone built a procut mill, if so where did you source components from and any ideas on the build would be appreciated.

better still anyone with a spare lucas mill for hire on a weekly basis would help too.:)

Cheers Shayne (Cairns)

matildasmate
4th October 2008, 12:46 AM
Heres some pics mate , if you want more I have more . If I was going to build a procut mill I would have the rails at ground level and a remote throttle , less bending and no lifting the logs , just roll them on and going for it . cheers MM

Steve Fryar
4th October 2008, 09:14 AM
Hi mate and welcome.You might want to keep an eye on the thread I started about using a winch to pull your CSM.I welcome your thoughts because I want to go to the log not the log come to me.Nor do I want to move them.
Cheers,Steve.

tungstein
4th October 2008, 08:28 PM
Hi shayne,are you looking for a mill to hire or to contract cut for you.I work out of Innisfail so im down the road.Im run of my feet but always looking for more work so if your interested give me a yell,tungstein.

Ibanez
4th October 2008, 11:19 PM
Hi shayne,are you looking for a mill to hire or to contract cut for you.I work out of Innisfail so im down the road.Im run of my feet but always looking for more work so if your interested give me a yell,tungstein.

Thanks tungstein I would like to hire a mill as I need flexibility in being able to mill on my days off from work, what type of mill do you have, Shayne