PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Pot

Big Shed
5th October 2008, 08:58 AM
Supercheap Auto have the pressure pot on sale again at $99.95.

BoomerangInfo
5th October 2008, 03:07 PM
Yep, I posted that in another thread, asking if people thought it was a bargain or not. Got a few replies, but not overwhelming agreement, so I'm still pondering whether or not I can't afford it more than some of the other things I can't afford :p

Russell.

Big Shed
6th October 2008, 03:10 PM
Didn't see your other thread, am visiting with the kids in Adelaide, so not a lot of time on the computer.

Can't help you with whether you need one or not, only you can answer that, but can say that is about the cheapest you will get one.

I have set mine up, there is a threa on that, and have used it a for every casting batch I have done. I have yet to have a blank with an air bubble, but maybe I am just lucky:;

BoomerangInfo
10th October 2008, 07:11 AM
OK so I have my pot (picking up an air hose today) and I've read through your old modification post. All that plumbing is more than I'm up for just at the moment.

Maybe this is a silly question. Do you actually HAVE to modify the pot at all? Apart from the honking big pipe through the middle of the pot, couldn't you just run it as is?

Sure you'll have all sorts of hoses & extras sticking out, with more leakage points, but it would still work wouldn't it? The pot would pressurize correctly and you can put moulds inside if you can get around the paint pickup tube, or am I missing something fundamental? I also do have some regular painting to do on my boomerangs, but have never justified a spray painter for that use before and have gone with spray cans only.

Thanks. Russell.