PDA

View Full Version : Blackwattle seedlings

Ibanez
5th October 2008, 11:42 PM
Is anyone interested in Blackwattle seedlings (Acacia melanoxylon ) I have "many" available from parent trees that are 1000mm Dia at base, all 9 months old. The parent trees are in Nth QLD

Stopper
6th October 2008, 08:51 PM
Is anyone interested in Blackwattle seedlings (Acacia melanoxylon ) I have "many" available from parent trees that are 1000mm Dia at base, all 9 months old. The parent trees are in Nth QLD

:?You mean Blackwood.
Black Wattle is Acacia mearnsii and grows down south.

Sounds like terrific stock. Must grow really well up there. They don't get much bigger than 500mm dbh around here. Wish I was a bit closer I'd grab a few off you for sure.:U

regards
Stopper.

MelAU
8th October 2008, 04:58 PM
I am very interested, as I am still in the process of setting up 10ha at the front of my property for timber and blackwattle (or blackwood) is one of my choices for timber. I live in Captain Creek which is 100km north of Bundaberg in Queensland. I am not sure how to get the seedlings done here, Australia post can be slow, but I have had other tree's sent by post in the past and they have survived the journey. Courier may be an option. I would even be interested in seeds, as we have been successful in growing trees from seeds in the past.

Thanks
Melissa

elmoticus
8th October 2008, 05:28 PM
PM Sent

Ibanez
8th October 2008, 10:49 PM
I am very interested, as I am still in the process of setting up 10ha at the front of my property for timber and blackwattle (or blackwood) is one of my choices for timber. I live in Captain Creek which is 100km north of Bundaberg in Queensland. I am not sure how to get the seedlings done here, Australia post can be slow, but I have had other tree's sent by post in the past and they have survived the journey. Courier may be an option. I would even be interested in seeds, as we have been successful in growing trees from seeds in the past.

Thanks
Melissa

Hi Melissa If you can get back to me on transport methods I'll be happy to help, is 'bare root' an option sealed plastic in bags and do you wish for some photos as you can get a better look at size.

shayne

Ibanez
8th October 2008, 11:40 PM
Hi Melissa If you can get back to me on transport methods I'll be happy to help, is 'bare root' an option sealed plastic in bags and do you wish for some photos as you can get a better look at size.

shayne

Sorry Melissa I forgot to ask how many are you after

Shayne

MelAU
9th October 2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry Melissa I forgot to ask how many are you after

Shayne
Yes, we are after approximately 20 seedlings, possibily more if you have them. I will need to find the best transport method. We have used couriers before and this may be the best option. I am not sure about the bare root option. We ordered Pecan nuts seedlings recently, and the roots were wrapped in peat and wet newspaper. They survived the two day journey using Australia Post. I am interested in seeing photos of the seedlings to get an idea of the size. Also, can you PM the costs of the seedlings?

Thanks
Melissa