PDA

View Full Version : What's the worst thing?

Carry Pine
6th October 2008, 09:43 PM
I was doing 50km/h down a hill this week and 'boing','boing' - didn't know what it was. Pulled up and two spokes had broken. Wheel went out of allignment.

Made me think. What has happened to other people as they have been riding? I mean stuff that has gone amiss on the bike- not being hit by a car door or a dog.

Graham

ian
6th October 2008, 11:53 PM
front tire part way down the western descent to Roseville Bridge – luckily it was near the top of the descent and I was only doing about 70 km/h at the time

ian

wheelinround
7th October 2008, 09:21 AM
Handel Bars parting company with goose neck :(

Broken peddle out the back of Camden and having to ride the thing home back to Liverpool back in 1965:((

doing wheel stands and front wheel doesn't:doh:

break blocks shooting out going down Kingsgrove Rd past the Government Bus depot :oo:

Break Cables snapping numerous times

Having some filp wit throw a hung of timber through the front spokes :oo:

Watching my cousin have an Echidna curl around his front wheel and him going flying through the air :D

TomH
10th October 2008, 11:01 PM
On a ride from Singleton to Sydney going down a hill fairly rapidly, bike fully loaded up, went over a bump and front & rear panniers came off the rails, only to be held on by the bottom straps..... Thought I was a gonner but managed to hold on as the panniers bouced and scraped down the road.

Riding 4 months ago on a bike path, pedestrians in the way, going too fast, pedestrians danced across the path, I swerved, collected bushes with front handlebar, over the handle bars and landed on my head/shoulder. Broke my collarbone. Went in for surgery and now have a 3" plate. BTW, the ambulance does not take your bike, so if you go for a ride in the magic flashing machine, you have to get someone to wait with your bike until your wife / husband / other can pick it up....

And, of course I'm sure all cyclists have fallen over at the traffic lights when you couldn't get your clips out.....:U

Carry Pine
11th October 2008, 09:11 AM
And, of course I'm sure all cyclists have fallen over at the traffic lights when you couldn't get your clips out.....:U

Yeh but no one admits that, Tom.

Graham