PDA

View Full Version : Makita 18V Li-Ion cordless rotary hammer, bargain?

AitchJay
13th October 2008, 08:50 PM
Just found this for $429, reduced (apparently) from $770.

Ebay has the unit without batteries or a charger from $70-100US, but without the accessories, so it looks like lots of spare units from tool packs or something. Adding the (likely) costs of buying, freighting and equipping it, I'm probably back to the same cost..

So, is that price good? I can't find a retail comparison, but I am pretty new at this. I know the tool is good, but it's stretching the budget to get it, so is it a bargain worth sacrificing something else for, or am I lacking a good tool shop? :?

M10 in Mt Barker, if anyone wants to know - any directions for cheaper tools in SA or handy links would be appreciated - I'll take whatever advice is coming..

Cheers.

AitchJay
14th October 2008, 10:06 AM
Just got a quote for a Hitachi from a different store, 14.4V instead of 18 and without the hammer, for $550 - so I guess it's a good price after all - might get one today.

Have to find a friend to give my old Ryobi to, it won't drill more than a couple of holes on a charge, but it seems a waste to throw it in the bin. Are there any charities for old power tools? :wink: