PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! (long shot!)

TTIT
17th October 2008, 11:04 PM
Just found out there is a no reserve clearance sale on tomorrow out bush here with a Peterson mill in it. Anyone know what they are worth 2nd hand???? Has a 20HP Honda driving it apparently but won't know anymore about it until we get there tomorrow.
Short notice I know but these things happen :B

DJ’s Timber
17th October 2008, 11:33 PM
G'day Vern, not up with prices on Peterson Mills, but would imagine $8 to $12

TTIT
17th October 2008, 11:50 PM
G'day Vern, not up with prices on Peterson Mills, but would imagine $8 to $12:o Crikey! What are they worth new then????:o

DJ’s Timber
17th October 2008, 11:52 PM
$16k and upwards

TTIT
17th October 2008, 11:57 PM
$16k and upwardsStrewth Joyce!!! I'll have to put the blinders on the fantastic plastic and see if we can get a bargain. Thanks DJ - I had no idea they were worth that much - was thinking around 5k - it's not like there's much in them when you look at it :shrug: Hope there's nobody else chasing it :no:

TTIT
18th October 2008, 11:05 PM
You were pretty close DJ - couple of young blokes made it very clear they weren't leavin' without it by taking it to $7k in $1k bids straight up - didn't even get a look in :C. Ah well - such is life :shrug:

barnsey
19th October 2008, 04:46 AM
Don't know what model or how old it was but at $7k it would seem a steal.

TTIT
19th October 2008, 11:46 PM
Looked the same as the one they demo'd here just 2 years ago - 20HP Honda - hardly a wear-mark on it anywhere, spare blade, sharpener etc. The next lot in the auction was a bundle of sawn spotted gum that the ants were into - probably all that was ever cut with it. If they were looking to mill for profit or to build a house or whatever they did get a bargain but I was only there in case nobody else was after it - never have been real lucky :shrug:

barnsey
20th October 2008, 10:28 PM
TTIT

You were lucky enough to be there - well spotted.

A bit more notice might be nice though:wink:

Not having a go but that was one that got away - oh well bait the hook and wait for the next one:U

They say good things come to those that wait
And wait,
And wait,
And wait,
And wait,
Ah shyte who cares what they say - better luck next time