PDA

View Full Version : Price needed at the Show - VL 100 lathe

jefferson
24th October 2008, 05:41 PM
I couldn't make it down to the Melb. Show - too many people for my liking.

But if someone can scout around over the weekend and ask some questions for me - great!

I am looking at a VL 100, cabinet version, with variable speed. 30M thread, not 33M.

Current price seems around $2K.

I'm intending to use the little beast for small lidded boxes of course, plus make it my mobile lathe for future turnfests. My big VL300 needs the company of its little brother, not the crappy Delta job that is presently on loan.

Most appreciated, I'd be interested in what is on offer. Credit card ready and awaiting to go.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
24th October 2008, 08:11 PM
I'll try and remember to ask tomorrow for you Jeff, send me a PM if I haven't replied here by 1pm :;

jefferson
24th October 2008, 11:24 PM
Good on you DJ. Most appreciated.

Jeff

Baz
25th October 2008, 10:41 AM
Hi Jeff, I have sent you a pm.
Cheers
Barry

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2008, 11:28 AM
Show special on the one sitting on the floor here is $1800

jefferson
25th October 2008, 08:04 PM
DJ - thanks mate. Who was the vendor?

I've got options, a brand new one for $1800, against a second-hand one, 3 years old for $1200 with a new motor.

Suggestions please, a little undecided.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Vendor is Vicmarc, spoke to the owner, so it's straight from the horse's mouth :;

Comes with a one year warranty on the electrics and 5 years on the rest, might be able to swing a better deal tomorrow if it hasn't been sold yet

jefferson
25th October 2008, 10:08 PM
DJ,

see how you go tomorrow, prepared to put maybe $1700 on the card. Less it better!

Phone here is xxxxxxxxxxx. but give me your mobile so I can ring you. If you could collect etc that would be handy.

Thanks a heap.

PS Down next week for a flying visit. Are you busy?

Also, 2nd week in Dec would be better for me. Away fishing the first week, then the cooks birthday.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2008, 10:13 PM
Can collect for you :; but you may never receive it :o

Wednesday or Friday would probably be good for me as I am planning on having the rest of the week off from work after I've packed up on Monday.

jefferson
25th October 2008, 10:30 PM
DJ, you are a top bloke.

See how we go tomorrow, I'll give you a call.

Friday next week sounds good, maybe we can finish that rock-hard yellowbox burl.

Very quiet from the Victorian contingent this weekend. All probably busy at the show.

Jeff

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2008, 10:41 AM
Pic of Lathe for you Jeff

nalmo
26th October 2008, 11:38 AM
The VL300 short bed which Richard Raffan was using for his demonstrations is up for sale at the end of the show. Might be worth investigating.

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2008, 11:43 AM
The VL300 short bed which Richard Raffan was using for his demonstrations is up for sale at the end of the show. Might be worth investigating.

This lathe was sold about an hour ago

jefferson
26th October 2008, 12:29 PM
The little VL 100 demo model is mine, comes with new warranty (thanks Baz for the intell, the warranty tipped it this way).

And a big thanks to DJ for concluding the deal and taking it out to Warburton for collection next week.

Just got to figure out where it's going.... Close to its big brother I guess but it will be tight.

Jeff

Baz
26th October 2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Jeff, no problems, I will put it in the For Sale Forum.
Cheers
Barry