PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne wood show good and bad

Tiger
25th October 2008, 09:58 PM
Went to the Melbourne wood show today. Good things were that there was plenty of space, interesting demonstrations and good to catch up with some forum members.

Bad (for me anyway) was that I decided to buy a Jacobs chuck (B16) from McJings. They sold me the correct drill chuck but the wrong shank :~ (B12, I think). Given that they are based in NSW it will cost me more to go back tomorrow to the show ($15 entry plus transport) and replace than simply try and find the correct shank somewhere in Melbourne. Anyone know how much the shank costs (morse taper 2) and where they can be bought from?

DJ’s Timber
25th October 2008, 10:01 PM
Can you get it to Templestowe before 8.30am tomorrow morning?

Tiger
25th October 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi DJ,

I might be able to, what are you thinking?

switt775
26th October 2008, 12:15 AM
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago at the Melbourne show, but when I went back on Sunday with the goods I needed to exchange, they let me back in for free.

Worth a try.

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2008, 07:10 AM
Well I am heading back in for the day and could take it in for you and get an exchange or refund for you, but it may be too late now unless you see this post and can still get here by 8.30, another option is that you call me on my Mobile (PM on way) when you get there if you decide to go in and I will get you a pass to let you in for free.

Tiger
26th October 2008, 09:56 PM
Many thanks to DJ who helped me solve my problem :2tsup:.

What happened to me wouldn't have happened had I learnt one simple thing - CHINESE.