PDA

View Full Version : I asked and received

munruben
25th October 2008, 10:13 PM
A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking for someone to help me get started with woodturning. I was overwhelmed with the response I received from the forumites and I would like to thank everyone for their advice and suggestions. So thanks to all of you and especially to the following guys who really put themselves out for me. Alphabetically listed.. BazzaDLB. Pasho, Simomatra, Toasty and Wheelinround. You are all very special people. Thank you. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
26th October 2008, 10:16 AM
No worries John your hooked its all down hill from here :2tsup:

BazzaDLB
26th October 2008, 03:17 PM
Was a pleasure John.
Its a good feeling to help someone out especially when you can have fun doing it!!

jefferson
26th October 2008, 06:28 PM
I've had a similar experience down here in Vic. What a top bunch of blokes.

The only problem with turning is that it's all I seem to do! That said, I did get a coffee table built over the weekend with a mate. The off-cuts - which we think we Huon Pine - made excellent turning material.

Back to the point, the forumites are a great crew. I hope I can repay the favours over the coming years.

Jeff

Allan at Wallan
26th October 2008, 10:12 PM
A few weeks ago I posted a thread asking for someone to help me get started with woodturning. I was overwhelmed with the response I received from the forumites and I would like to thank everyone for their advice and suggestions. So thanks to all of you and especially to the following guys who really put themselves out for me. Alphabetically listed.. BazzaDLB. Pasho, Simomatra, Toasty and Wheelinround. You are all very special people. Thank you. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I thought you may have thanked me too John ... for not offering advice.:D

You are already in safe hands with the blokes mentioned and trust we
will see some excellent turning results in the near future.

Good luck!

Allan