27th October 2008, 05:15 PM
:whs:

DavidG
27th October 2008, 05:16 PM
:2tsup::U

rsser
27th October 2008, 05:26 PM
Fantastic news GJ ...

they would have had rocks in their head not to take you.

Robomanic
27th October 2008, 05:30 PM
Great - what are you doing?

RETIRED
27th October 2008, 05:35 PM
Gonna cut into the woodturning time ain't it?:D

Grumpy John
27th October 2008, 06:37 PM
Having been "let go" early September the last 7 weeks haven't been the best for me.
The new job is a total career change for me, I'll be working at Bunnings (hopefully in the tool shop). It's not rocket science and it's not what I'm used to, but it's a job.

Gonna cut into the woodturning time ain't it?:D

Funny thing , I've probably done less turning in the last 7 weeks than usual, didn't sit well with me enjoying my hobby while my wife was working her a!#e off to cover the shortfall in wages.

But now that I've got a job lookout.:D

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

dai sensei
27th October 2008, 08:12 PM
Well done Grumpy :2tsup:

I'll be working at Bunnings ...

And now you will get staff discount too :cool:

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2008, 08:19 PM
Great news GJ :2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
27th October 2008, 08:23 PM
Congrats
do we get staffies too?:rolleyes:

tea lady
27th October 2008, 09:22 PM
I'll be working at Bunnings (hopefully in the tool shop). It's not rocket science and it's not what I'm used to, but it's a job.

:oo: Not someone who might know something? :cool::D (So which one. I'll come to visit. :D ) ( I know they are strict with who gets staff discount so I won't even ask.)

Well done grumpy.:2tsup:

woodwork wally
27th October 2008, 09:36 PM
Bluddyripperbobbydazzler and NOW GRUMPY JOHN AINT GRUMPY NO MORE I know its not your trade but sometimes a seachange can be not too bad Best wishes mate Wally

Cliff Rogers
27th October 2008, 10:16 PM
:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
27th October 2008, 10:54 PM
Good deal GJ:2tsup:

marter1229
28th October 2008, 03:27 AM
:running::running::running::running:Off to fill out my unemployement papers today.:fingerscrossed:

Gil Jones
28th October 2008, 06:49 AM
Congrats, John:2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
28th October 2008, 09:00 AM
Great John

Now if you can put up with stupid questions here and the put downs forumites give Bunnies staff then even worse when they come into scavenge deals on tools for prices especially Triton GMC steal deals. Ask dumb questions like "Is Triton the best, will it last me 25 years" now its up for sale will I still be able to get replacement parts.

I hope the Grumpy John doesn't change to "Chainsaw John"

OGYT
28th October 2008, 11:37 AM
That's great! GJ. Hope you make so much that you're just overloaded with fancy tools in a few. I know what it's like to take wage cuts. But now I'm too old to care. :U
Good on ya. :D

Twinnie
30th October 2008, 10:14 AM
as a former bunnies employee my self, once you have been there for lets say 6 months are are are sick on the poor management you can move onto a proper tool shop : ) talk to Andrew at gasweld down there.

if you want to sit and read a good book then the timber yard gate is a good spot.

avoid builders/shelf hardware at all costs it's a mess and always will be there are just too many screws and thing to keep them in any sort of order.

umm oh and if you try and give mates rates to any one you'll be out the door and wondering what happened! they are real pricks about that. this staff discount is half the profit on somthing, so if you want to know the cost price just check the staffies rate and double the discount to end up with cost.

i think i have mentioned the managment is pretty poor you might strike it lucky and get a good complex manager but thats unlikely :roll:

but there are plenty of people there who are happy and the staff turn over is fairly low compared to most places. if there is any more you want to know just ask me

Matt

Calm
31st October 2008, 06:45 PM
Having been "let go" early September the last 7 weeks haven't been the best for me.
The new job is a total career change for me, I'll be working at Bunnings (hopefully in the tool shop). It's not rocket science and it's not what I'm used to, but it's a job.

Funny thing , I've probably done less turning in the last 7 weeks than usual, didn't sit well with me enjoying my hobby while my wife was working her a!#e off to cover the shortfall in wages.

But now that I've got a job lookout.:D

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

GJ now that bloody bowl can dry before you try and finish it.

Great news - but a shame on the foreigners that you used to do.

Cheers

scooter
4th November 2008, 11:19 PM
umm oh and if you try and give mates rates to any one you'll be out the door and wondering what happened!

Correct

this staff discount is half the profit on somthing, so if you want to know the cost price just check the staffies rate and double the discount to end up with cost.
Incorrect

Congrats on the job, John. :2tsup:

Twinnie
5th November 2008, 08:46 AM
Correct

Incorrect

you might be right there i'm basing this off when i worked there a few years ago now

The Bleeder
5th November 2008, 08:55 AM
Good one GJ. I know what it is like to be out of work (12 months).

Here's all the best to you. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Steve

Calm
5th November 2008, 09:32 AM
John

so how is it or havent you started yet?

I suppose you reckon GMC is the best you can buy now?? Sorry it's Ryobi now isnt it?

Cheers

Grumpy John
5th November 2008, 09:37 AM
John

so how is it or havent you started yet?

I suppose you reckon GMC is the best you can buy now?? Sorry it's Ryobi now isnt it?

Cheers

I've done the online induction, now I have to do a 2 day induction this weekend. Good thing is I get paid for it, the online induction took 2 hours and I get paid for 3 hours :2tsup:. I don't know when I start "in store", but I'm sure they'll let me know.

Thanks to all who wished me well, it is much appreciated.

Twinnie
5th November 2008, 05:40 PM
oh you'll like the induction it means you have some people you know right from the start. and it's nothing hard just a bit of messing about and getting to know the basics of how the place works.

oh and for the gmc vs ryobi question, ryobi have gone exclusive to bunnings this means that AEG, atlas copco and milwalkie are also bunnies only. but this frees up gmc to go frolliking and they have done that alright! but this is about grumpy's new job not tool politics.

you'll have a ball there mate.

Matt

Grumpy John
11th November 2008, 05:54 PM
First day on the job today. Not too many stupid questions, except for the one asking for the "thing you do before you do the welding copper". Still trying to work that one out :huh:. Gave out my share of "Dunno mate, first day :no:" though. Geez I hope the team leaders don't read this forum :oo:.

Seriously, it's great to be working again the lack of regular income was really starting to hurt. Thanks for all the good wishes people :2tsup:.

tea lady
11th November 2008, 09:20 PM
First day on the job today.
:wave::cool: so which one are you at. I'll come and visit.:D

Grumpy John
11th November 2008, 09:44 PM
:wave::cool: so which one are you at. I'll come and visit.:D

Cranny, but I don't have a roster yet.

tea lady
11th November 2008, 09:53 PM
Cranny? :oo: :hmm: not exactly my localest one.:rolleyes:

Grumpy John
11th November 2008, 10:03 PM
Cranny? :oo: :hmm: not exactly my localest one.:rolleyes:

Call in on the way back from Robbos one day.

tea lady
11th November 2008, 10:06 PM
Call in on the way back from Robbos one day.

:rolleyes: I'm usually running late to pick the kid up from school, but you never know your luck in the outskirts of suburbia.:D