PDA

View Full Version : Garden Bench

ajw
31st October 2008, 05:45 PM
I recently gave in to temptation and got myself a Domino. Here's my first project made with it. It's made from timber picked up during council chuck-out days - mostly oregon from rotting pergolas, and some of the seconds floor boards I got during one of Studley's reject hardwood sales.

The Domino exceeded my expectations - it is very accurate, and very fast. I haven't used any other Festool tools yet, but if the engineering and design of the domino is a guide, I reckon I could become a convert.

Allan

Superbunny
31st October 2008, 06:51 PM
Bloody nice:2tsup::D:D

pitbull
31st October 2008, 07:28 PM
Looks great Allan.:)

hitch
31st October 2008, 11:33 PM
ajw that looks really great - very nice design too. Is there a plan available for the bench that I could access?

Claw Hama
31st October 2008, 11:42 PM
Excelent!!!!

HotChips
1st November 2008, 09:47 AM
That's awesome. Like you I have just got a domino, and your project is exactly the charm. Are plans available or did you make it up yourself? Looks great, I reckon you have done a fantastic job, is there a bbq table next then as well:)

ajw
1st November 2008, 08:24 PM
I don't have any detailed plans for this bench. I just looked at a few different benches and decided what I like, and what I could do with the timber I had available.

My neighbour has asked me to make one for her. They put up with a lot of noise from my shed, so I'm more than happy to make another one. This one will be made from the spotted gum structural pack that I got from Studley's hardwood sale. I'll do some more detailed drawings and post them when I get started.

Thanks for all the nice comments. I was so happy with the way it turned out, and wanted to share it with other woodies.

Cheers,

Allan

Sleeping Dog
1st November 2008, 10:32 PM
Lovely Allan,

Nice clean lines, neat finish.:2tsup:

SD.

spiderbyte
2nd November 2008, 01:03 PM
Great bit of work and simple design. Simple design always make for a better piece.

Cheers

SB

mic-d
2nd November 2008, 01:11 PM
Very nice job:2tsup:

Cheers
Michael