PDA

View Full Version : G'day from new member.

orificiam
31st October 2008, 11:25 PM
G'day everyone my name is Tony and I am new here. I've been looking at this forum for
about a year now, Ive picked up a lot of useful information along the way and I want to thank all members for their contributions. I've been turning for about seven years now
mainly as a hobby and I must say I was hooked from the very first turn,my favourite wood for turning is "olive wood" when I can get it, with it's tight grain hardly any dust and the shed smells like a salad for weeks after that.
That' about it for now.apart for a big thanks to Neil for helping me to login as I was having a bit of troubles geting started.
Cheers, Tony.

Ad de Crom
31st October 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi Tony, welcome.
Turning for 7 years means that you are an experienced turner.
Like it to see some of your work, not me alone, we all like that.
Have fun.
Ad

orificiam
31st October 2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks you Ad I will post some photos as soon as I learn how to.
I'm afraid I'm not very computer savvy.
By the way Ad I''ve seen some of your turnings and they look great.
cheers,Tony

TTIT
1st November 2008, 12:24 AM
You can only lurk for so long eh! Welcome to the world of wayward wood wasters :)

Ed Reiss
1st November 2008, 04:26 AM
. I've been turning for about seven years now
mainly as a hobby and I must say I was hooked from the very first turn,my favourite wood for turning is "olive wood" when I can get it, with it's tight grain hardly any dust and the shed smells like a salad for weeks after that.

Cheers, Tony.

Now all that's needed is some wood that smells like steak, another that smells like chips, and definitely one that smells like beer!:U

Welcome Tony.

fubar
1st November 2008, 10:41 AM
welcome to the asylum:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
1st November 2008, 01:03 PM
Welcome to the place my SWMBO says I spend too much time - Come to think of it I think she says she's a shed widow as well :C:o:roll:
and show us your work

orificiam
1st November 2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the welcome Guys,
yes my missus reckons she's a wood widow as well.But she does enjoy the odd
lidded box, and jewellery box and well you know how it goes she always gets first pick.
By the way when ever I need a new tool or machine that I really need I do
invite her to the w.w.w. show and when I see the tool or machine I'm looking for
I hang arround it for a while until she bends my arm so hard that I give in and go home
a very happy chap. Anyway back to turning.
cheers. Tony.

tea lady
1st November 2008, 10:30 PM
Hi there Tony. One lump or two?:D

orificiam
1st November 2008, 10:34 PM
White with two thanks Tea Lady.
Cheers,Tony.

TTIT
2nd November 2008, 12:10 AM
Now all that's needed is some wood that smells like steak, another that smells like chips, and definitely one that smells like beer!:U

Welcome Tony.I have one that smells like dog ???? - is that any help???? :U A backyard barby just wouldn't be complete without someone steppin' in a big pile of purified Pal :C:;

OGYT
2nd November 2008, 07:53 AM
Welcome, Tony. Seven years? That's great! Now we need to pick your brain a little. :D

Ed Reiss
2nd November 2008, 12:41 PM
I have one that smells like dog ???? - is that any help???? :U A backyard barby just wouldn't be complete without someone steppin' in a big pile of purified Pal :C:;

Better yet TT, is Zebra wood...smells like Zebras all over it:oo:. Did a number on my lungs too, had respitory difficulty for almost a week.:~

Manuka Jock
2nd November 2008, 12:57 PM
At the other end of the olfactory scale is Lebanon Cedar .
A beaut perfume that one has :2tsup:
I milled some of that for some carvers once ,
didn't have a lathe at the time tho :(