PDA

View Full Version : Exploded Domino chair.

Lignum
2nd November 2008, 09:36 PM
Something different. :) Here is a chair I made up to show the components and domino technique to join up a chair and the 3 different mortises for the curved back splats. The chair is Eastern Mahogany and Red Gum splats and glued up with West System epoxy. Had a ball making this:)

DJ’s Timber
2nd November 2008, 09:44 PM
And well put together too, I checked it out at the show :2tsup:

It really showcases how well the Domino works, but I still haven't forgiven yet Lig, for helping Groggy spend my money :q :U

Lignum
2nd November 2008, 09:50 PM
but I still haven't forgiven yet Lig, for helping Groggy spend my money :q :U

It was either spending it on a Domino or good beer and bad women. I hope you made the right decision:wink:

Tex B
2nd November 2008, 09:51 PM
Looks great, Lignum. You the (chair) man!

Love to see a pic of the finished product.

Tex

Honorary Bloke
2nd November 2008, 10:54 PM
Shoot Lig! I was expecting a dominoed chair and a packet of C-4 plastique. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Very informative, I'll have to give it a go. :)

Groggy
2nd November 2008, 11:13 PM
It was either spending it on a Domino or good beer and bad women. You mean we had a CHOICE? Aaarrghh!!! :oo::oo::oo:

Wood Borer
3rd November 2008, 06:25 AM
I can see the problem - your dominoes are too long or the holes aren't deep enough:roll:

Nice work as usual Lignum. Nice style, good choice of timber and well put together:2tsup:

Rattrap
3rd November 2008, 08:19 AM
Nice job Lignum, u just gotta love them domino machines.

flynnsart
3rd November 2008, 10:56 PM
Don't you feel like you are cheating using them things instead of mortice and tenons:rolleyes:

Donna

Great chair by the way.

Honorary Bloke
3rd November 2008, 11:00 PM
Don't you feel like you are cheating using them things instead of mortice and tenons:rolleyes:

Donna

Great chair by the way.

Sorry, no fish today thank you. :D:D:D:D:D

Lignum
3rd November 2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry, no fish today thank you. :D:D:D:D:D

At lest I’m one who is never known to respond to some good ol fashion fishing. But i did feel guilty not using biscuits:)

[edit] - Its the normal way i join chairs, but whats not shown is the 4 large corner blocks i epoxy in. They would have looked silly for the chairs demonstration purpose.

Honorary Bloke
3rd November 2008, 11:17 PM
At lest I’m one who is never known to respond to some good ol fashion fishing.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

flynnsart
3rd November 2008, 11:41 PM
Those who can afford it ....Domino
Those who can't....Fish:q

Donna

nt900
25th November 2008, 08:11 PM
And Lignum's chair looks even better in real life. It's a nice piece of work and great demonstration piece. :2tsup:

We use it in our Festool Workshop to show people thinking of a Domino machine what a simple joint it really is, and some of the more advanced techniques - the domino mortices for the back splats are in a curved cross/rest rails.