PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Pecan tree fell in Hurricane Ike, what should I do?

afx
3rd November 2008, 01:26 PM
My friends GP's have some 40 year old pecan trees that fell during hurricane IKE and we just finished getting them all cleaned up, I got alot of good straight pieces drying for myself but I have about a 10-12 foot piece (3-3.6 meters) of the base that's about 3.5 feet (1.1 meters) thick. What can I do with this? Its bone straight and looks great, I was thinking of building a tabletop like one I had just finished but getting it into planks is my problem.

Anyone with any reclaim info would be most appreciative, this would be my first reclaim!:2tsup:

Peter36
8th November 2008, 06:00 PM
I would reccommend getting somebody in to break it down and then send it all to me :D:D

afx
8th November 2008, 06:01 PM
I would reccommend getting somebody in to break it down and then send it all to me :D:D
How would I go about finding someone to break it down?

Eli
8th November 2008, 06:14 PM
Call up the closest distributor of portable lumber mills, and ask them for a list of owners close to you.

Call a local arborist, and ask him if he knows anyone that slabs.

Those would be where I'd start, if that doesn't get you someone I could think of a few other ways.