PDA

View Full Version : Osage logs

Phil Whitton
3rd November 2008, 10:05 PM
EOI to swap for some logs of osage. Mostly 6" to 8" x 3'.

Located Sth highlands.

cheers

robyn2839
3rd November 2008, 10:47 PM
pardon my ignorance but what is eoi?........bob

BobL
3rd November 2008, 11:03 PM
Expression of Interest

dai sensei
3rd November 2008, 11:24 PM
I'm interested, what are you after to swap for the osage? What is the condition of the logs - green cut, dry etc? Also, where exactly are you in NSW?

Phil Whitton
4th November 2008, 06:37 AM
The trees were cleared about 6 years ago and the logs were stacked with painted ends. I'm not convinced about the painting advantages but the logs are a bit of everything in shape.
There are about 6 logs left we can choose from,

send me an email [email protected] and I'll try to get some pics up.
We are in the Mittagong area about 1 hr south of Sydney.

cheers

CameronPotter
1st December 2008, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I wouldn't mind buying a little if that is possible? However, it would involve postage to Tassie...

I would ideally want boring plain straight grained wood... It would be for making a bow (as in bow and arrow). :2tsup:

Cheers

Cam

Phil Whitton
1st December 2008, 09:30 PM
As most of the trees weere heavily pruned, there is not much straight grained over about 3' suitable for bow making. I'll rip a suitable log and see what its like.
cheers

dai sensei
1st December 2008, 09:39 PM
Still good for wood turning though :rolleyes:

CameronPotter
2nd December 2008, 08:40 AM
Hi,

Even if it is two 3' long pieces, they can be used to make the arms on a composite bow (and Osage is great bow wood).

That being said, a 6' long piece of straight grain wood would be awesome - especially if the bark was still on.

Cheers

Cam

As most of the trees weere heavily pruned, there is not much straight grained over about 3' suitable for bow making. I'll rip a suitable log and see what its like.
cheers

ficfac
13th February 2009, 11:45 PM
g'day mate, what's a log worth. I'm at sturt this year so can meet around there if suitable. Cheers, Josh.