PDA

View Full Version : Home made router lift

Jerryj
3rd November 2008, 11:52 PM
First of all a big thanks to Dazzler, as I got the idea from his modification. My gmc router gave up the ghost (first one I bought). So had to go out and replace it, I opted for the big ryobi as I could not justify the cost of the big triton or the makita 3612c, (maybe next time). I added a lift as my back is not great at bending. I can adjust the height from the top now I love it. As the photo's show I made a fulcrum (several actually) and cut a wheel out of perpex to run on the bottom of the router. I construted a frame from some scrap ally and connected the drive through the table top and recessed a couple of nuts below the surface.

fubar
3rd November 2008, 11:56 PM
nicely thought out :2tsup: hmm smilies arnt showing

DJ’s Timber
4th November 2008, 12:27 AM
nicely thought out :2tsup: hmm smilies arnt showing

fubar, if you enter the url for the smilies, you must use the http://mt2.woodworkforums.com/images/editor/insertimage.gifbox or use the correct code for each smilie, for example :2tsup: is : 2tsup : but without the spaces between : :

Toasta
2nd March 2009, 11:27 AM
Could you please show some more detail. I'm quite interested in what you've done.

Jerryj
2nd March 2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the interest Toasta in the first photo I have made some supports which the fulrum (photo 2) pivots. I have since changed it a little and rotated the router through 45 degres which has move the adjuster towards the front which is much better. I have a couple of lock nut on the threaded rod and I use an old cordless drill to adjust the height. If you have any questions please ask. Do you live anywhere Bassendean you could have a look if you wanted. Cheers Jerry

Toasta
3rd March 2009, 10:29 AM
I live in Shelley so maybe I could drop by later in the week and have a look. that would be great

artme
3rd March 2009, 04:02 PM
Nice one!! simple, inexpensive and effective.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::

munruben
28th March 2009, 04:22 PM
Looks good.:2tsup:

RosDPD
20th May 2009, 08:37 AM
:2tsup: very nice!!!