PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial For Rifle Cartridge Bullet Pen

Les in Red Deer
4th November 2008, 03:18 AM
A lot of members have asked me how I make my Rifle Cartridge Bullet Pens so I finally finished this tutorial I have been working on over the past year and thought I would post for the benefit of the members on this forum.

As always comments and or suggestions appreciated.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/video/270BulPenTutl.pdf

schaf
4th November 2008, 06:41 AM
Very interesting. Thanks Les.

regulated
4th November 2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks very much Les. I have been wondering how do make them and now I can.

BJ

Simomatra
4th November 2008, 07:36 AM
Thanks for that Les:2tsup::2tsup:

RichB
4th November 2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Less This is a great tutorial with very clear pictures. I will use this often.

corbs
4th November 2008, 05:27 PM
Good tutorial Les:2tsup:. Have fixed a couple of things in my process now:D

Pasho
4th November 2008, 07:20 PM
Great tutorial thanks Les :2tsup::2tsup:

Les in Red Deer
5th November 2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks guys.

Hopefully DJ will make this tutorial a Sticky.

Les

elevalther
5th November 2008, 04:38 AM
Hi Les

Iīm new here on the wwf, I have now time to study your tutorial at the moment, but can i down load it, I donīt know if is legal here on the wwf, if so, nice work any way.

Br
Valther

Robomanic
10th November 2008, 10:53 PM
Nice one Les, very well described and inspiring too. Really going to have to give this a try.

new_guy90
23rd November 2008, 09:44 PM
hi im not usually here on the pen side but this is very interesting, i have seen this done once before but this is the most compete. i have some knowledge of metal lathes and metal machining so it was very interesting to see this all done on a wood lathe. oh one thing you can use wood chisels to shape brass or copper but for tool care get a cheap wood working one not for wood turning and use it like a scraper, not sure about using a good skew chisel :?. very cool idea and very profitable thanks for sharing :2tsup:

PenTurner
24th November 2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you Les for taking the time to document and photograph your tutorial on cartridge or bullet pens, it is much appreciated. Amos:):2tsup:

george74
30th November 2008, 05:19 PM
Great tutorial, Les. I have looked over some other before, but was never 100 % sure I understand it correctly. This one I do. Thanks for taking the time to make this. George

handyrn
8th December 2008, 01:51 PM
Les,
Thank you for this great tutorial. Made is very understandable and the pictures made everything very clear. I have only done one and now I will be more likely to tackle more.
Cindy