View Full Version : lathe stand

hughie
4th November 2008, 11:17 AM
Heres one way to get around to turning for those who cant stand for long

"http://www.woodturnersresource.com/wrphotopost/showphoto.php?photo=5644"

rsser
4th November 2008, 12:01 PM
Nice one Hughie.

AFAIK Oneway now make a commercial version.

FWIW, when I had this problem I'd turn while standing but for sanding would prop on a cheap gas lift stool on wheels. There are also 'immobile' gas lift stools (with a 'tractor' style seat with adjustable pitch) that allow you to spread your weight between two legs and two cheeks.

hughie
4th November 2008, 12:23 PM
yeah I suspect the average age is getting on and a few will be needing something along these lines one day.

Manuka Jock
4th November 2008, 03:37 PM
Nice one Hughie.

AFAIK Oneway now make a commercial version.

FWIW, when I had this problem I'd turn while standing but for sanding would prop on a cheap gas lift stool on wheels. There are also 'immobile' gas lift stools (with a 'tractor' style seat with adjustable pitch) that allow you to spread your weight between two legs and two cheeks.

Here (http://www.oneway.ca/lathes/1236SDlathe.htm) is One Way to do it :D

rsser
4th November 2008, 03:59 PM
Zaccly.

For myself in old age, I might hire a couple of hunks to hold and draw back and forward a lathe while I sit in a lounge chair ;-}

Course that will depend on how far down the gurgler my super fund goes :-{

TTIT
4th November 2008, 11:11 PM
Did anyone else feel dizzy looking at that picture :o - OK - just me then :shrug::B

Manuka Jock
4th November 2008, 11:30 PM
Did anyone else feel dizzy looking at that picture :o - OK - just me then :shrug::B

yeah , I did a bit , and the price did the rest :o :U

Ed Reiss
5th November 2008, 12:59 AM
Zaccly.

For myself in old age, I might hire a couple of hunks to hold and draw back and forward a lathe while I sit in a lounge chair ;-}

Course that will depend on how far down the gurgler my super fund goes :-{

I don't plan on getting to the "old age" stage!:no::no:

Of course, SWMBO says I got there 20 years ago:doh::~