PDA

View Full Version : Promote Events on National TV

Pablo
9th April 2004, 11:53 AM
Due to a very strange set of circumstances, I find myself on tv every Friday night. The show is called "Moose Goes Live" and goes live-to-air from 8.30pm - 9.30pm Western Australian time. The show is repeated 9.30pm on a Tuesday night.

My role is to read out e-mails advertising events, meetings etc. and cheerios on-air. Because we are live (really live - not delayed) you can answer questions, win gift vouchers etc. right there and then.

This would be a great opportunity to promote meetings, events and other woodworking things.

I would love to start finding out exactly how far our satellite coverage takes us - I know we go to that largely unexplored region east of the Nullarbor - and there's a suggestion we go to the land of the Great White Sheep.

E-mail me either at

[email protected]

or simply go to

www.moosegoeslive.com

and leave a (polite) message.

Catch the show tonight - it may be past your bedtime if you're watching it in the East - but I'd love to hear from fellow Forum Members.

Cheers

Pablo (Paul)

Iain
9th April 2004, 12:21 PM
What satellite, C or Ku band?

Pablo
9th April 2004, 12:26 PM
:confused:
That's a very good question; One to which I don't have a very good answer!!

All I know is I have to announce that we 'go' through the Westlink Satellite Network.

I don't even know where we reach!! I guess if you can pick-up Ch31, you'll get us at the advertised times.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Pablo

PS - You can e-mail anytime - you don't have to wait until the show's on.

Robert WA
9th April 2004, 12:54 PM
Ch - 31 reaches Albany, free to air, but must be a weak local transmission. I am 12 ks out of town and can tune to it, but get snow.

Iain
10th April 2004, 12:59 PM
Had a look at Westlink and we can receive it in Vic (and NSW, Qld etc).
It is on C1 and requires a Irdeto encrypted decoder and a 90cm dish.
That is Ku band and any 85cm dish will work.
I am not sure if a card is rrequired or if the signal is encrypted (protected) if so we could have a problem as OPtus and the Australian Broadcasting Authority will not allow us to receive if we receive normal acceptable terrestial signal.
Albany could be borderline.
If you have Foxtel you are out of luck as it is a different satellite.
Of the 3700 plus floating above us we only use four or so for TV.
Good try anyway.
I will pursue further when I get back to work and I may even spot you on the show and I can tell all the BB user what a handsome/ugly individual you are:D
Cheers.

Pablo
12th April 2004, 12:05 AM
:mad: Ugly as a hatful of squashed crabs!!

In fact, after one time I was interviewed, one of my own band members said I had a good face for radio!!

:D

Cheers!!