PDA

View Full Version : Fed Square Pottery Expo-the pics.

tea lady
10th November 2008, 04:55 PM
For those who couldn't be there.:p

Had quite a good day. Made enough money to make it a worthwhile exercise. Made a few contacts. Even got offered some large Camphor Laural logs and an off cut sorce.:cool: Discovered lots more blokes stop to look at pottery when there is wood there too. :rolleyes: a really long day though. Your normal market is done by lunch time, but this went till 5.30. So I had a 14 hour day. (After being up late getting everything ready and in the car.) Luckily my hubby came to help pack up, otherwise i think I would have fallen asleep on the freeway. Today I had a little lie down. :zzz:

tea lady
10th November 2008, 04:57 PM
More.:cool:

Ad de Crom
10th November 2008, 07:02 PM
Well Tea Lady, a well spend day with some profit, great.
Was no wonder for me that this day would be successful for you, even I admire your work.
Keep em going.
Ad :2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th November 2008, 07:03 PM
I like the stand... :D

tea lady
10th November 2008, 07:13 PM
I like the stand... :D

:cool: Should have had a price on them too. Got quite a few comments.:U

Didn't do the other one we were discussing. When I looked at the bit of wood I had in mind it was different. (Aren't they always.:rolleyes: )

Sawdust Maker
10th November 2008, 09:06 PM
Well done tl
Like your stuff. Nice stand (why is skew grinning like a cheshire?)

... Discovered lots more blokes stop to look at pottery when there is wood there too. :rolleyes: ...

So using your theory, I must take up pottery to get the women folk to look at timber stuff :D. Maybe I'll take those tools off my boy :no:

Chipman
10th November 2008, 09:14 PM
I agree with you Tea Lady....wood and pottery go together very nicely!

Love your work! (both wood and pottery)

Cheers,

Chipman

tea lady
10th November 2008, 09:59 PM
Well done tl
Like your stuff. Nice stand (why is skew grinning like a cheshire?)
Because I was picking his brains about stand design at the last turnfest. I think they look a little bit like my thumb nail sketches.:D

So using your theory, I must take up pottery to get the women folk to look at timber stuff :D. Maybe I'll take those tools off my boy :no: Nah! just get your boy making stuff to sell with you. Collaborative work.:2tsup:

TTIT
10th November 2008, 11:32 PM
Onya TL :2tsup: I reckon your presentation would have helped get the punters in - big improvement on the average dunny door on a couple of old saw-horses :U

Skew ChiDAMN!!
11th November 2008, 01:35 AM
Because I was picking his brains about stand design at the last turnfest.

Hardly "picking my brains." We chatted about it for a whole... oh... five minutes? Mind you, they came up exactly how I'd envisioned 'em after you explained the concept to me. :2tsup:

What I'd meant to say was I like the way the display all came together. I regret I didn't get to see 'em in person, but... :shrug:

Ed Reiss
11th November 2008, 03:22 AM
Nice display, TL:2tsup:

Hope you had a successful show!:U

tea lady
11th November 2008, 09:03 AM
Hardly "picking my brains." We chatted about it for a whole... oh... five minutes? Mind you, they came up exactly how I'd envisioned 'em after you explained the concept to me. :2tsup:

What I'd meant to say was I like the way the display all came together. I regret I didn't get to see 'em in person, but... :shrug:

For a whole five minutes? It was your brain after all.:D Nah! Maybe we just talked really fast and efficiently.:cool:

Thanks for the comments guys.:cool:

Sawdust Maker
11th November 2008, 09:48 PM
Nah! just get your boy making stuff to sell with you. Collaborative work.:2tsup:

hmm - I'll put it to him and see what we come up with :U
we'll post in a month or so ... maybe

tea lady
11th November 2008, 09:52 PM
hmm - I'll put it to him and see what we come up with :U
we'll post in a month or so ... maybe
Just in time for xmas.:cool: