PDA

View Full Version : Oak Park Box Joint Jig

harrycu
11th November 2008, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I finally broke down and bought a router jig. I bought the 1/4 inch box joint jig from Oak Park and a 1/4 inch up spiral bit and it is impossible to mess up a set of box joints with it. It is everything it is cracked up to be and more.

Harry

dennford
11th November 2008, 03:12 PM
Hey guys, I finally broke down and bought a router jig. I bought the 1/4 inch box joint jig from Oak Park and a 1/4 inch up spiral bit and it is impossible to mess up a set of box joints with it. It is everything it is cracked up to be and more.

Harry

They certainly appear to be "the way", unfortunately I believe that they are not available here, and that Oak Park don't ship overseas.

Hopefully though someone will tell me that I am wrong.

http://www.oak-park.com/index.html

Denn

Pheonix
11th November 2008, 03:23 PM
Not that difficult to make just trench a slot 10mm wide,cut a piece of timber 10mm x 10mm place in trench, drill 10mm hole.Away you go!

scooter
11th November 2008, 09:44 PM
Saw this idea on their site years ago, Harry, have been "gunna" make up a homemade version for ages.

Glad it works well!

Cheers..................Sean

munruben
12th November 2008, 05:01 PM

HarryMost of us here wouldn't have a clue what it looks like. How about a pic?

dennford
12th November 2008, 05:15 PM
Most of us here wouldn't have a clue what it looks like. How about a pic?

It's simplicity itself John, better than a pic - here is a video.

http://op.woodgrainonline.com/spacer/indexus.html

Denn

Woodlee
12th November 2008, 09:41 PM
I just use this one.
I've been working on one similar to this with a higher fence and plan to have an threaded adjustable backing fence so I can get more accurate adjustments.