PDA

View Full Version : drive belts

dzcook
13th November 2008, 03:25 PM
not sure if this is the best place for this but a question that some one might be able to help me with

chasing drive belts for electronic equipment ie video /cd players they are just like lge o rings have a few things that have stopped working and this appears to be the problem with them all have googled for them but all i get are car ones what i am thinking of is a bag of mixed ones different sizes etc or would i be able to get away with o rings ?

was told that it would cost me $ 80 for the right one for a video player and thats all thats wrong with it one broken belt just annoyed with our throw away society as was told that better off buying a new one (video )
anyway thks to any one who replys

wheelinround
13th November 2008, 03:50 PM
I believe Dicksmith sell a pack of various size Drive Belts check their web site

There is a place at Flemington opposite Flemington Markets in Sydney sells such also not sure of price if I recall th name of it I'll post link etc Electronic Supplies I think not sure

silentC
13th November 2008, 03:55 PM
I reckon if you went to the local tip you would find piles of old VCRs and CD players. I chucked about 4 out a couple of months ago.

jimbur
15th November 2008, 10:51 AM
I reckon if you went to the local tip you would find piles of old VCRs and CD players. I chucked about 4 out a couple of months ago.
There's four blows for sanity:D
Jim