PDA

View Full Version : Hi I am new!

steavie4
13th April 2004, 03:52 PM
Hi, I am new here, and look forward to learn plenty and get to know as many people as possible.....This site looks like a place I want to be.....Thanks!:)

Christopha
13th April 2004, 04:37 PM
I am very sorry but to qualify to be a member of this forum it is mandatory that you be old, ugly, blind in one eye, covered permanently in scabs and scars from overuse of your "skills" and ,also, in no way whatsoever, photogenic.
You will have to leave as you don't seem to have one single qualification!

P.S.
Welcome ;)

steavie4
13th April 2004, 04:45 PM
Thankyou for the interesting welcome.....but having taken on board your specific qualification requirements to remain, perhaps you will feel sorry for me, and allow me to develope these skills, I can't do much about the scabby bit, but I will try and cut corners and break a nail or two...... hehehe! :)

oges
13th April 2004, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the group Steavie, hope you enjoy it here.

What area of woodwork does your interest lay?

ozwinner
13th April 2004, 07:18 PM
You can see why they call Christopha, the teflon man.
Smooth as silk.

Al :D :D :D :D

steavie4
13th April 2004, 07:21 PM
thanks for the welcome, my general interest would be scrollsawing, and woodcraft, but now I have taken a real interest in handcarving. But at this point it is only an interest, as I have to research and find the right tools.

steavie4
13th April 2004, 07:22 PM
:D :D

RETIRED
13th April 2004, 11:02 PM
Welcome to the Board Steavie.

The rest of you lot will have to behave now!

The Lord High Executioner!:D

outback
14th April 2004, 10:39 AM
I have never in the past, or, intend in the future to behave.
I mean wheres the fun in that.

Welcome aboard Stevie, hope you enjoy the ride.

DaveInOz
14th April 2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Christopha
I am very sorry but to qualify to be a member of this forum it is mandatory that you be old, ugly, blind in one eye, covered permanently in scabs and scars from overuse of your "skills" and ,also, in no way whatsoever, photogenic.
You will have to leave as you don't seem to have one single qualification!

:rolleyes: now you see why we post photos of our kids - they are far nicer to look at :D

steavie4
14th April 2004, 02:43 PM
Yes and beautiful looking children they are!!!!

and think......

They have to aquire their beauty from somewhere, the only difference is they don't have any scars and cuts to add that extra little bit of character ....YET!:cool: :D

oges
14th April 2004, 07:07 PM
atleast you faired better than me ... i was told i needed a paper bag.. :p

Old Bill
15th April 2004, 01:47 AM
Hi Stevie,... welcome to the forum.. (I'm new too)
Would be interested to see some of your scrollwork in the Scrollers Forum if you have some pics :)
Not much happening in there, and we need more scrollers posting he he.

gatiep
15th April 2004, 07:57 PM
Welcome Steavie

You missed out the best in woodworking....Woodturning.

Welcome to the most informative bulletin board on the web!

Hope to see some of your work soon

Regards
Joe

steavie4
15th April 2004, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.....and Joe,I am sure woodturning is great, and it will be only a matter of time before I venture down that road.....It is amazing how far a tree can be used.....and woodturning is beautiful too..... I am looking forward to getting in on it as well.... still learning....!

Cheers!

gatiep
15th April 2004, 08:10 PM
Steavie, Just read the other thread on woodcarving....that $109 set is very good value for money. Those tools are very easy on the wrists if kept sharp.

Hope to see some turned objects by you on here one day!

steavie4
19th April 2004, 02:30 AM
yes, I think I am going to go down that road and purchase that set. I am looking forward to it.......

Thankyou!