PDA

View Full Version : G'day. I'm a novice but keen to have go.

Sponelle
16th November 2008, 08:25 AM
G'day everyone,
I've been woodworking on and off for about 10 years, just making some easy stuff (bookshelves, changetables, bars, small TV cabinets, etc.). I'm very keen to get a bit more serious.

Everything I've done to date has been pretty much pine, cyprus or Mountain Ash. I've laid my hands on some good rough cut blackwood, mountain ash and spotted gum so very keen to get stuck into some decent stuff. Got hundreds of designs I've drawn up but haven't had the confidence or the space at home to have a go at them. Just shifted into a new house which actually has enough size to actually fit a few things in. The new shack also has a massive shed which makes things a bit easier. Although can't thinks what goes through peoples minds when they run power to sheds, only 10 amp and 3 double power points in a shed 14m x 8m! Anyway that is easily fixed.

Keen to learn more about thicknessers and jointers, etc as I think I've got the bug since getting this good wood.

Look forward to chatting and learning (and actually doing!)

Cheers

Spock

wheelinround
16th November 2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome :? Novice keen to have a go and you've made more then most of us LOL

we love photo's so show us your's :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
16th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Welcome :? Novice keen to have a go and you've made more then most of us LOL

we love photo's so show us your's :2tsup:

That's 'cause were too damn busy readin' and writin' on this forum!!:doh:

Welcome Spock....glad you could join us!:2tsup:

Sponelle
16th November 2008, 09:27 PM
Hopefully photos worked!

A couple of photos of the old bar with a nice slab of cyprus. Hardest part pf leaving the house was leaving the bar area behind! Nearly killed myself lifting the 200x100 (mm) x16 foot old origon beams into place by myself on a old rickety ladder!

A photo of the change table. Havne't got any photos of the old cabinets which came up surpisingly well.

Thanks for the encorougement. Building the brownie points as we speak so I can get a thicknesser and get into it.

Cheers

Spock

wheelinround
17th November 2008, 08:17 AM
:no: NOPE no photo's

Rattrap
17th November 2008, 08:32 AM
Hi Sponelle welcome to the forums. U're gonna love that big shed i'm betting. I've got a good size shed here & its a real blessing.
When posting pics check to make sure they fit the sites requirements, ie pic size in pixels as well as the actual file size. A full list of postable files & their sizes comes up in the manage attachments box.
:2tsup:

Sponelle
17th November 2008, 09:52 PM
the old bar and change table.

Ed Reiss
18th November 2008, 01:59 AM
Nice pics, Spock!

Really like the sideways change table, but how do you keep the kid from falling out of it?:? LOL

6eor6e
18th November 2008, 07:58 PM
Great Bar and area, is that chooffer made from a 18 gallon Keg?
thanks for that spock

Sponelle
18th November 2008, 08:42 PM
Just 3 break drums (one the stand and tray) with a 6mm wall pipe to extend the furnace a little.

Missing that area heaps but you've gotta move on!

snickas
19th November 2008, 01:17 AM
novice my a@$e!!

:~

munruben
20th November 2008, 09:59 AM
Nice work. you came to the right place. welcome. :2tsup: