PDA

View Full Version : Here I am

artme
20th November 2008, 05:46 AM
Good morrow good people; from Brasil.

Had a brilliant time in Europe spoiled only by the fact that I couldnīget to see Killerbeast,aka Rasmus.
Spent half a day with LA Truciolora -Claude - in Verona.
Great bloke and a wonderful turner with strong, but well founded, views on a with range of subjects related to turning.
Claude has only Vicmarc lathes in his ``school`` and is a great admirer of their build quality, particularly their unrivalled accuracy.
Will post pictures (proof) of visit .when I get back to Aus.

tea lady
20th November 2008, 10:34 AM
Aaah! Still gallivanting around.:cool: So what are you seeing in Brazil? Any of "our" woodies there to visit?:D

hughie
20th November 2008, 10:50 AM
Going to Peru? There a very good one there Eduardo, hes a member of this forum. On his site there are all his contact details

http://www.esarmiento.250x.com/

keep up the galivanting :U

Woodwould
20th November 2008, 11:29 AM
Artme, if you have the time, would you please get me a pile of Snakewood and gaffer tape it to roof of the plane's fusilage on your return trip? I'll pay for any excess baggage fee of course.

artme
20th November 2008, 11:53 PM
Have not run into any Brazillian woodies. Lots of carvers up in the northeast but they are very shy and hide from the likes of me!:D:D:D

No, Peru is not on the itinerary this time.

Would Woodwould get a job as a comedian?:D:D:D Nice thought about the snakewod but, very, very unfortunately I wonīt have time in Brasil to induge in wood hunting.:((:((

Ed Reiss
21st November 2008, 05:28 AM
Wow...still globe-hopping!!:2tsup:

....hmmmmm, wonder how many cases of Fosters and how many Oneway lathes one could have bought with the $$$$$ that it cost for the trip?:o

artme
21st November 2008, 07:08 AM
Iīm going oneway around the globe.:D:D

As a dedicated lathe snob I prefer Vicmarc and Stubby but can afford neither.:p:p:p

Calm
21st November 2008, 07:22 AM
Iīm going oneway around the globe.:D:D

As a dedicated lathe snob I prefer Vicmarc and Stubby but can afford neither.:p:p:p

Here's a man with a priority problem - flitting all around the world instead of buying a STUBBY/VICMARK - Shame on you:D:D:D

From Brasil can you get me a ............. na forget that i'm too old these days it would killl me (what a way to go)

cheers

rsser
21st November 2008, 09:27 AM
Artme, if you have the time, would you please get me a pile of Snakewood and gaffer tape it to roof of the plane's fusilage on your return trip? I'll pay for any excess baggage fee of course.

Qantas might welcome some fuselage strengthening :wink:

artme
21st November 2008, 11:47 AM
Here's a man with a priority problem - flitting all around the world instead of buying a STUBBY/VICMARK - Shame on you:D:D:D

From Brasil can you get me a ............. na forget that i'm too old these days it would killl me (what a way to go)

cheers

Let me put you and others to rights old mate: all Estonian females are drop dead gorgeous - even the ugly ones. Canīt say the same about here.

artme
21st November 2008, 11:51 AM
Qantas might welcome some fuselage strengthening :wink:

Donīt know about Qantas but Alitalia has broken seats and other shabby parts on their planes. They were going bust and have just been biught out by some other consortium.