PDA

View Full Version : Pen Exchange or Pen Swap

Penpal
20th November 2008, 09:32 AM
I write to say the Pen Swap most recent commenced in May was completed in November by the most kind Amos.

In the first Pen Swap my exchange was Matt in the USA and I made a goodfriend in Matt and thoroughly enjoyed the experience ( hi Matt by the way)

The May Pen Swap my Pen went to David and David and I swapped first week in June at the Working With Wood Show in Sydney and maitain a great friendship through from this.

Two observations one is they are simply magnificent,bit like musical chairs when you are a kid, it takes you out of your comfort zone and places you in a position of making something innovative, clever or more quickly than normal, allows sharing blanks etc.
The second observation is this one took six or seven months to complete (maybe longer if kind Amos had not stepped in) It has been like scattered aces very difficult to follow easily.

Now Amos has a business to run and certainly is way out of pocket on all he does for us so I today will make a search in my unique collection of pen blanks and send him by tonight a selection for him. I know he likes super sized in fatter than normal for his high end pens and propose we as a fair minded group reciprocate in a way he is compensated for his love of his fellow man and just because he deserves it.

I look forward to the next pen swap with a few basic rules in that a suitable time frame of three months maximum for completion and say (one) pen swap to keep it even. A date for joining the swap with a cutoff and a cutoff time for completion.

Thanks for listening. Peter:2tsup:

Simomatra
20th November 2008, 11:36 AM
Well said Peter I think that in the pen swap I am organizing what you say is implemented.

PenTurner
20th November 2008, 07:10 PM
Wow! thanks Peter, if I am getting that now, imagine what I'll get for Christmas!!!!:D Your kind thoughts and words and actions are well noted. Amos:):2tsup:

celt40
21st November 2008, 10:08 PM
:2tsup:Thanks Peter i now know what i can send Amos to thank him for his kind action. I will look out some Local Scottish wood blanks and send them to him.
This might not happen till after Christmas, but i WILL deliver. As a good friend is well worth keeping.:U