PDA

View Full Version : i did it

fubar
20th November 2008, 08:03 PM
well i did it i have bought a mcmillan 4 speed 2nd hand now i have to learn how to use it

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th November 2008, 08:22 PM
I hope you didn't pay too much for it? Even so, it's better than a GMC and is a cheap way to find out if your gonna be addicted. :wink: Welcome to the world of woodturning! :D

I've one sitting here that I "grew out of" many years ago, but the motor/bearings are still i good nick. I lost the blasted drive dog, though. So I'm going to remove the bed, mount a big faceplate and turn into a linisher. One day, when I get a round tuit. :rolleyes:

Robomanic
20th November 2008, 08:45 PM
Where abouts in Melbourne are you Fubar?

orificiam
20th November 2008, 10:01 PM
Well done Fubar it's a good start I'm sure you'll be hooked on turning before to long.
remember sharp tools make turning more fun.Cheers Tony.:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
21st November 2008, 05:37 AM
Ah yes...definitely headed down that "dark turning road" now!!:doh::U

So, go kick the cat out of the shed and start turning something already!!!:2tsup:

hughie
21st November 2008, 10:20 AM
Fubar,

welcome aboard! we all gotta start somewhere. I started out on a borrowed chiwanese spindle lathe with zip in the way of throw..... so no bowls only egg cups :U

orraloon
21st November 2008, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the madness of turning Fubar.
Regards
John

fubar
21st November 2008, 10:48 AM
hmmm i am starting to think that by the tone of your posts that this might be addictive:B

Ed Reiss
21st November 2008, 12:53 PM
hmmm i am starting to think that by the tone of your posts that this might be addictive:B

You think?:U

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st November 2008, 03:05 PM
:think: Addictive?

Nar. :no: I've only got 5 lathes, and I know I'm not addicted 'cos I could still squeeze a few more in. :p