PDA

View Full Version : #*%^ Mongrel

John Saxton
21st November 2008, 10:14 PM
Just back from a quick one week trip to Sydney for a friends 60th birthday,had a real good time apart from the bloody mongrel who broke the drivers side window and stole my expensive Tomtom gps unit outta the rental car.

Admittedly it was parked in the glovebox and my fault of leaving the mount attached to the windscreen, but it dose'nt excuse this lowlife from the distress he caused my wife, not to mention my blood pressure and how angry I was.

I may come from the back waters of W.A.....it's grow up time in the real world ..we know about this happening but until its you in the picture apathy is commonplace.

Just hope that whatever thrill this mongrel got outta it ...be of some worth in the long run and he needed the result of it to make his life better ...somehow I doubt that it will !!

Cheers:)

Rossluck
22nd November 2008, 02:27 PM
Just back from a quick one week trip to Sydney for a friends 60th birthday,had a real good time apart from the bloody mongrel who broke the drivers side window and stole my expensive Tomtom gps unit outta the rental car.

Admittedly it was parked in the glovebox and my fault of leaving the mount attached to the windscreen, but it dose'nt excuse this lowlife from the distress he caused my wife, not to mention my blood pressure and how angry I was.

I may come from the back waters of W.A.....it's grow up time in the real world ..we know about this happening but until its you in the picture apathy is commonplace.

Just hope that whatever thrill this mongrel got outta it ...be of some worth in the long run and he needed the result of it to make his life better ...somehow I doubt that it will !!

Hey John, You couldn't send me the manual, could you?

hitch
22nd November 2008, 04:20 PM
Silly Billy JS.

It's not a Sydney problem but a world wide problem. If you read the manuals they tell you not to leave the cradle attached to the windscreen and to remove the tell tail ring it leaves. A bit of spit if necessary works fine. That making you feel better I bet!!

Sorry you have had this problem and let it be a learning/reinforcing experience for us all.

I had a similar experience some time ago. Out for a fabulous dinner with my love and friends, returned to the car to find some ???? had smashed the passengers side window and taken items of no commercial value related to my work but of super inconvenience to me.

I know that's life but I don't and will never accept it - pr*cks!:((

Bluegum
22nd November 2008, 05:02 PM
A mate of mine is a copper in Perinth and he told me the some thing about leaving cradles in your car. His father in law had his car broken into and they just took the cradle becuase he had nothing else of value in his car. Its ridiculous that you can't leave anything in your car these days because of the low lifes of this world. The pathetic thing is the pitiful fines or punishments handed out by the judicial system these days.

John Saxton
22nd November 2008, 06:35 PM
Hey John, You couldn't send me the manual, could you?

Cost of the manual sent to you is ....and it's goin' cheap $500.00:D:D:D

Let me know soon as others are after it!:rolleyes:

RufflyRustic
22nd November 2008, 07:18 PM
hi John, No, not fun at all:( sorry to hear that it happened and happened on your holiday.

I made my girlfriend's daughter a leather case shaped to suit her nav unit. Now she's got no excuse to leave it in the car and it's protected while in her bag. Maybe an idea for you, if it suits?

cheers
Wendy

John Saxton
22nd November 2008, 07:47 PM
The funny thing is that we've travelled extensively with the Tomtom as it was loaded with American,Canadian,Europe & Australian/NZ maps and had no issues until Sydney.

In Hind sight being blas'e is no excuse ...its a learning thing ...we try to see most folk in a good light...there are those who let you down ...wake-up call ...and we're not disposed to give freely these days!:(